Ba Vi National Park Hanoi, with a total area of 10,814.6ha, has preserved a diverse flora and fauna with 1,209 plant species, of which 21 species of rare plants are listed in the Vietnam Red List such as lobster, hazelnut nose, cypress, amentotaxus yunnanensis, asarum balansae,... There are 63 species of mammals, 115 species of birds, 27 species of amphibians, and 61 species of reptiles have been protected inside this national park. Many of them are rare species namely White pheasants, Mandarin civets, Nycticebus coucang, Lethocerus indicus, Physignathus cocincinus, Lamproptera curius,...
Source: Phong Vinh
I - How to get to Ba Vi National Park from Hanoi?
From Hanoi city center, you can travel to the national park by motorbike, bus or private car.
1 - Traveling by motorbike
- Address: 1A Trang Tien street, Trang Tien ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Phone: 0966 456 969
- Website: https://motogo.vn
Phung Motorbike rental shop
- Address: 13 Ngo Huyen street, Hang Trong ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Phone: 0965 93 6677
- Website: http://www.phungmotorbike.com
2 - Traveling by bus to Ba Vi National Park Hanoi
Traveling by bus is not the best choice because the distance is a bit long and direct buses to the national park are unavailable.
3 - Traveling by private car
Some private car rental shop with English-speaking drivers in Hanoi:
- Website: https://danangtransfer.vn/en/ha-noi-private-car-transfer
- Phone: 0949 53755
- Price: 65 - 85$
- Website: https://www.hanoijourney.com/tour/vietnam-car-rental-with-driver
- Phone: 0978 496 439
- Price: 65 - 75$
II - How is Ba Vi National Park weather?
Located in the North of Vietnam, this national park has a humid tropical monsoon climate. The hot and rainy season starts from May to September with an average temperature of about 29°C. Winter starts from November to March with an average temperature of about 15°C.
The forest in Ba Vi - Source: VnExpress
The best season to come here is from April to November.
- From April to July: it is sunny with high temperature
- From August to November: pleasant weather with average humidity
III - What to see in Ba Vi National Park?
Note: Entrance ticket: 60,000 VND/person (2.6$).
Ba Vi Catus Garden - Source: Metrip
1 - The Cactus Garden
Having a unique greenhouse architecture with more than 1,200 different types of cacti, this place becomes a great sightseeing spot for nature lovers.
Entrance fee: 10,000 VND/person (0.43$)
2 - Pine forest
With colorful natural space created by mountains and forests, this attraction offers you a feeling of freshness and relaxation among the great old trees of the tropical forest. The pine forest is the most ideal place for Ba Vi National Park hiking activity.
3 - Ancient French Church
With the ancient beauty of the old European architecture, the Ancient French Church hidden in the thick fog brings you the vibe of peaceful and cozy at the same time. Furthermore, the outside is covered with moss making it seem like a forgotten church among the mountains, which makes this is one of the must-visit place when coming to
4 - Ngoc Hoa Peak in Ba Vi National Park
From Ngoc Hoa Peak, with a height of 1,131m, you can immerse yourselves in the beauty of nature as well as relax your heart and soul in a cool and fresh space.
Entrance fee: 10,000 VND/person (0.43$)
5 - Tan Vien Peak and Thuong Temple
Tan Vien Peak, located at a height of 1,227m, has a unique shape resembling an umbrella. Located on top of Tan Vien, Den Thuong is a place to worship St. Tan Vien (Son Tinh in Vietnamese). The locals often come there to worship St. Tan Vien and pray for luck
6 - King Peak (Dinh Vua)
With an altitude of up to 1,296m, Dinh Vua is a must-visit place in a Ba Vi National Park day tour. The air here is very cool, and fresh which makes it an ideal place to enjoy the majestic fresh natural space.
7 - Uncle Ho Temple
Ho Chi Minh Temple is located at the highest peak in Dinh Vua - the highest mountain in Ba Vi. You must walk over 1,320 stairs to reach the Temple of President Ho Chi Minh. The temple has a simple traditional architectural style. The roof is bent at 4 sides, covering around the columns on the base of stable rocks.
8 - Bao Thien Tower
The tower was built near the Unclo Ho Temple on top of Dinh Vua with 13 floors, 26.9m high, and a large bronze lake on the top. Around the tower, there are 88 large and small statues facing 8 directions.
9 - Attraction near Ba Vi National Park Hanoi
Some great destinations near the national park for eco tours:
- Ao Vua Ba Vi Ecotourism
- Khoang Xanh - Suoi Tien eco-tourism area
- Lang Van Hoa - Vietnamese ethnic cultural village
- Outdoor camping resort in Ban Xoi valley - Ba Vi Tourist
- Thien Son - Suoi Nga eco-tourism area
- Long Viet ecotourism area
- Lai Farm Ba Vi
- Son Tinh Camp 2 - Orchid Garden
- Detrang Farm
IV - Ba Vi National Park accommodation
There are some ideal natural resorts to stay in the middle of Ba Vi hill:
Melia Ba Vì Mountain Retreat - Source: Kenh14
Melia Ba Vì Mountain Retreat - 5 star
- Address: cote 600m, Ba Vi
- Room rate: 2,500,000 VND/night (105$)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/meliabavimountain
- Tripadvisor rating: 4.5
Tan Da Spa Resort - 3 star
- Address: Van Hoa commune, Ba Vi district, Hanoi city
- Room rate: 1,600,000 ($69)
- Website: http://tandasparesort.com.vn
Ba Vi National Park camping is really worth trying. There are several areas where you can set up a tent namely the Cactus Garden, Ngoc Hoa Peak,...
- Tent rental: 100,000 - 200,000 VND ($4.33 - 8.67)
- Barbecue grill rental: 100,000 VND ($4.33)
- Charcoal: 50,000 VND/2kg ($2.17)
- Day camping fee: 20,000 VND/person ($0.86)
- Night camping fee: 30,000 VND/person ($1.3)
V - Look up Ba Vi National Park map
It is obvious that Ba Vi National Park Hanoi with gorgeous natural sceneries and a diverse ecosystem is really worth a visit.