Mui Ne Vietnam is not only the name of a cape in Phan Thiet City, Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam, but also a ward of Phan Thiet city. Dubbed as a "resort capital", it is an entertainment paradise of Binh Thuan province, famous for its beautiful landscapes and beautiful beaches. Besides the immense sand dunes and soaring coconut trees surrounding the sun-drenched sea, with a wide range of interesting water sports, local cuisine, historical sites and rich Champa culture make this place even more attractive and interesting.
Quad biking - Source: TheTracelBugBite
This place is 22 km from the center of Phan Thiet city to the northeast, about 198 km from Ho Chi Minh City to the east, and about 1500 km from Hanoi to the south.
I - The most charming beaches in Mui Ne Vietnam
Stretching for 10km2, the beautiful and pristine beaches with craggy cliffs where waves crash have become an endless source of inspiration for many photographers.
Bai Rang Beach
Bai Rang Beach - Source: Guille Álvarez
Bai Rang Beach is the most beautiful beach in Phan Thiet, famous for its beautiful coconut trees running along the coast. It is home to many beautiful corals or reefs submerged in sea water, along with long and splendid white sand beaches. The landscape here is very poetic and wild with clear water and golden sunshine, creating a beautiful picture. Known as a place of harmony between unspoiled nature, rustic fishing villages and beautiful resorts, this is one of the best beaches in Mui Ne which is always crowded with visitors to bathe and relax every afternoon.
- Address: Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street
Hon Rom Beach (Straw Beach)
It is located at the foot of Hon Rom Mountain, where in the dry season, the grass is burned so it turns yellow and looks like a giant pile of straw from the far. Only about 2km from the city center, this is a very large beach cluster with many separate bathing areas for you to choose from. You can explore Hon Rom Beach to watch the sunset in the afternoon or sit around with friends and family around the campfire in the evening.
- Address: Long Son Hamlet, Mui Ne Phan Thiet
Ong Dia Stone Beach
Known as a beautiful and attractive beach, Ong Dia stone beach is a famous check-in point that you cannot ignore. This place is located in the center of tourism, where there are many resorts, restaurants, hotels, homestays and various entertainment services. Among many beaches, Ong Dia stone beach is a safe and ideal beach, with clear and calm sea water, gentle and shallow seabed, soft white sand without pebbles, shells...
- Address: Ham Tien ward, Phan Thiet city - 7km from Bai Rang Beach
II - Top famous tourist attractions in Mui Ne Vietnam
1 - Fairy Spring - Suoi Tien
Fairy Spring is visited by many tourists because of its wild and majestic beauty of the red sand-colored space. Coming here, you will experience walking under the cool stream, watching beautiful sand valleys or stalactites towering in various shapes due to the erosion of rain and wind. Looking down from above in the evening, amidst the unique natural scenery, this area looks like a forgotten castle hidden in the lush green forest.
- Address: Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City - 2.2 km from Bai Rang Beach
- Ticket price: 15,000 VND / adult ($0.66); 6,000 VND / child ($0.26)
2 - Fishing Village in Mui Ne
This fishing village is located right on Huynh Thuc Khang Street, along the coast about 1km long. This place not only has the peaceful scenery of a coastal fishing village but also has many interesting activities. If you come here in the morning, you will feel the bustling business atmosphere of the people here, while noon is the time for making dried seafood.
The best time to visit this village is at dawn, when you can watch hundreds of large and small colorful fishing boats gradually docking. Coming to Mui Ne fishing village, you also have the opportunity to buy some fresh seafood right on the shore at the cheapest price to take home or enjoy on the spot while watching the sea view.
Around the area of thí village, there are many accommodation options for you such as hotels or motels. If you like to interact with locals, you can choose to stay in a homestay, which is the most preferred by many foreign tourists when coming here.
- Address: No.195/14 Huynh Thuc Khang street
- Price: 150,000 - 400,000 / room ($6.56 - 17.5)
- Contact: 0969 216 396
Homestay BONO coffee & tea
- Address: No.200 Huynh Thuc Khang street
- Price: 400,000 / room ($17.5)
- Contact: 0933 124 214
4 - Charming Sand Dunes in Mui Ne Vietnam
Hong Sand Dune or Red Sand Dune
With a total area of 50ha2, Red Sand Dune is also called Bay Sand Dune (“Bay” means flying) because it can change shape many times in just one day under the impact of wind direction, leaving beautiful sand waves or sand prints. Meanwhile, the name Red Sand Dune comes from the fact that the sand color here is mainly red, which is a completely natural color, not due to the reflection of sunlight. Coming here, you can enjoy sand skiing and off-road riding. There's also a luxury resort with a golf course nearby.
- Address: Quarter 5, Mui Ne Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Entrance fee: 15,000 VND / person ($0.66)
White Sand Dune (Bau Trang Sand Dune)
White Sand Dune - Source: Liam Edwards
White Sand Dune is compared to a "sub-Saharan Desert". Next to the sand dune, there is a large blue lake called Bau Trang lake, which is home to numerous lotuses that bloom every summer (from May to July). The best time of day to come is at dawn (5am - 8am) and at sunset (4pm - 6pm).
- Address: Hong Lam Hamlet, Hoa Thang Commune, Bac Binh District
- Entrance fee: 15,000 VND / person ($0.7)
5 - Bong Lai picnic resort
Visiting Bong Lai picnic resort is one of the best things to do at Mui Ne Vietnam. As a fairly new eco-tourist site, this tourist site has an extremely unspoiled landscape combining hills and sea. Bringing a travel experience associated with nature, it is an ideal location for those who love to explore the wild beauty of mountains and rivers while camping.
At Bong Lai Tien Canh you can set up a tent under the trees, comfortably participate in collective activities. You can also stroll along the small stream to explore the dry stream area.
- Address: Xuan Thuy Street, Quarter 5 - 1.3km from the Red Sand Dune
- Entrance fee: 50,000 VND / person ($2.2)
III - What to do in Mui Ne in Vietnam?
1 – Windsurfing
This special experience will give you the feeling of riding the wind on the cool blue sea in the hot weather, being in harmony with nature and conquering the waves of Phan Thiet ocean. With a cape-shaped geographical position surrounded by the sea, the climate here is favored by nature, appearing mainly windy and sunny, extremely pleasant for windsurfing.
There are many organizing groups that offer a wide range of water sports activities, including windsurfing with the best gear and experienced international guides.
Jibe's Beach Club
- Address: No.90 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 640,000 - 1,250,000 / person / hour ($28 - 55)
- Contact: 0252 3847 405
2 - Kitesurfing in Mui Ne Phan Thiet
This cape with ideal wind conditions, beautiful beaches, white sand and clear blue sea is an ideal place for kitesurfing. Around November to April is when the wind is strong and stable, which is the best weather condition for kitesurfing. You can safely sign up for a paragliding tour to experience this thrilling but enjoyable experience of flying over the long sandy beaches, watching the sea and the clear blue sky.
- Address: No.139D Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 1,000,000 - 2,290,000 / person / hour ($44 - 100)
- Contact: 0933 192 675
3 - Mui Ne hot air balloon
Going ballooning to see Phan Thiet city from above is a truly unique experience. The coastal city of Phan Thiet is an ideal place to fly a hot air balloon safely because the early morning wind here is very light and calm. Within just 1 hour of sitting on a hot air balloon, you can admire the blue sea and white sand from an altitude of 300 - 500m with a wide viewing angle, creating the impression of visiting another planet.
Hai Tuan Travel
- Price: 3,800,000 VND / person / hour ($166)
- Contact: 0252 350 0068 - 093 223 26 98
- Booking: https://haituantravel.com/tours/khinh-khi-cau-mui-ne/
4 - Experience the vibrant nightlife in Mui Ne Vietnam
When night falls, this destination is still crowded and bustling, warmed up by the tumultuous music of bars, most of which are concentrated on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street. Located in a modern coastal city, the bars always know how to attract customers thanks to their enthusiastic services, eye-catching room decoration and design, with beautiful sea views. Another impressive point here is the uniquely delicious foods and drinks that go extremely well with the vibrant dance floor under bright lights. Come and sway to the music, you will feel much more relaxed!
Top bustling bars in Mui Ne Phan Thiet
Dragon Beach Bar
- Address: No.1 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City, Binh Thuan Province
- Opening hours: 12:30pm - 3am
- Fanpage: facebook.com/DragonBeachMuiNe/
Chameleon Beach Bar
- Address: No.138A Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Opening hours: 8am - 11pm
- Fanpage: facebook.com/chameleonmuine/
Nirvana Beach Club - Line Up Bar & Grill
- Address: No.122 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Opening hours: 9:30am - 1am (3am on Friday and weekends)
- Fanpage: facebook.com/Bar.Mui.Ne/
Triangle Rooftop Club
- Address: No.151 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Opening hours: 8pm - 6am
- Fanpage: facebook.com/muinetriangle/
5 - The best shopping in Mui Ne in Vietnam
You can find everything here: swimwear, sports equipment, delicious food and drinks,... Beside that, “dried-food paradise” with a series of stalls selling all kinds such as dried squid, dried shrimp, and dried fish is available here. You will not be able to ignore the characteristic smell of fish sauce because this is one of the most famous fish sauce production places in Vietnam. You can buy at the markets or visit the fish sauce factory to learn the process of making it and get yourself a bottle of fish sauce with the desired protein level. Phan Thiet City is also home to well-developed traditional crafts such as gold, silver or shell jewelry, which are beautifully and fancy designed in craft villages or in shops scattered throughout the city.
- Mui Ne Market - Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Phan Thiet City
- Ham Tien Market - Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Phan Thiet Central Market - No.115 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Duc Nghia Ward, Phan Thiet City
III - Top best restaurants in Mui Ne Vietnam
Being blessed with a long coastline, this destination has a lot of restaurants with fresh, delicious seafood and unique cuisine but the price is not so expensive.
Vietnam Home Restaurant
With breath-taking views, Vietnam Home Restaurant is an ideal place for diners. This restaurant is designed in an open architecture, with different spaces to suit the diverse needs of diners. The main building materials are simple but very unique and are close to nature as well as the daily life of Vietnamese people, including bamboo, leaves, thatch, and earth walls.
- Address: No.125A Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 100,000 - 500,000 VND ($4.4 - 22)
- Opening hours: 9am - 10pm
- Fanpage: facebook.com/VietNamHomeMuiNeRestaurant/
Long Son Restaurant - top Mui Ne restaurant
Long Son Grilled Hot Pot Restaurant lets you experience the journey to find the culinary culture of the people of Phan Thiet, where your senses will be awakened by a diverse menu with the sweet taste of the sea on each dish. The restaurant has a harmonious combination of traditional decoration and modern open space overlooking the sea, allowing you to see and feel the unspoiled beauty of both nature and people here.
- Address: Nguyen Co Thach Street, Long Son - Suoi Nuoc Quarter, Mui Ne Phan Thiet Vietnam
- Price: 50,000 - 500,000 VND ($2.2 - 22)
- Opening hours: 7am - 2am
- Fanpage: facebook.com/longsonmuinebackpackerparadise/
Giot Suong Restaurant
Giot Suong seafood restaurant has moderate prices and fresh food quality, famous for typical dishes of the sea, especially seafood fried rice. In particular, the spacious restaurant lobby can serve many people at the same time. The restaurant is located right next to the sea, has a beautiful view and airy space, you can sit and eat while listening to the sound of the waves. Giot Suong Restaurant is definitely one of the best restaurants in Mui Ne Vietnam
- Address: No.124A Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 100,000 - 300,000 VND ($4.4 - 13.18)
- Opening hours: 8am - 10pm
- Fanpage: facebook.com/nhahanggiotsuongmuine/
As one of the most luxurious restaurants in Phan Thiet City, Breeze restaurant is famous for its rich and diverse menu from Asia, Europe, and America cuisines. The restaurant has many styles of space for diners to choose from, including luxurious and noble indoor areas to near-the-pool outdoor areas. You should choose for yourself lovely tables right next to the lakeside with romantic, mellow sea views in the distance if you come to eat in the night time when dining at this Mui Ne restaurant.
- Address: No.69C Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 100,000 - 1,500,000 VND ($4.4 - 66)
- Opening hours: 7am - 10pm
- Fanpage: facebook.com/breezerestaurantbar/
This restaurant is spacious and airy with many unique dining areas such as next to the lake, in the cool garden courtyard or luxurious space inside the restaurant. In addition to the delicately designed space, it also offers diners extremely value-for-money dishes and interesting drinks.
- Price: 200,000 - 500,000 VND ($8.8 - 22)
- Opening hours: 6:30am - 10pm
- Fanpage: facebook.com/LOceane-Restaurant-1476011609373905/
IV - More tourist information
1 - Where is Mui Ne in Vietnam & how to get there?
This destination is nearly 200km from Ho Chi Minh City and about 1500 km from Hanoi Capital. You can travel here by many means of transportation such as bus, train or even by motorbike or car, which is an interesting choice for those passionate about adventure.
Source: Internet & Minh Huu
Traveling by train
Currently, there is no train station in this destination. If you want to come here by train, you must stop at Phan Thiet Train Station (No.1 Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Phu Trinh Ward, Phan Thiet City) - 25km from Mui Ne Cape. There are trains from Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City arriving at Phan Thiet Train Station daily. Visit https://dsvn.vn/ for online booking & schedule-checking...
Trains from Hanoi
- Price: 600,000 - 1,150,000 VND / ticket ($26.4 - 50.5)
- Travel time: 28 - 32 hours
Trains from Danang City
- Price: 410,000 - 950,000 VND / ticket ($18 - 41.75)
- Travel time: 13 - 16 hours
Trains from Ho Chi Minh City
- Price: 170,000 - 280,000 VND / ticket ($7.5 - 12.3)
- Travel time: 3 - 4 hours
Traveling by plane
There are currently no direct flights that suit your trip because there is no airport in Phan Thiet City.
2 - When is the best time to visit Mui Ne Vietnam?
Mui Ne weather is characterized by dry and rainy seasons. In which, from November to May (dry season) is the best time to visit Mui Ne when the beaches are clean, and the sky is blue, with more sunshine and wind.
From June to September is the rainy season, the weather is unstable with more rain, high temperatures (29 - 30°C).
Source: Karl JK Hedin
3 - Getting around
Traveling by motorbike or jeep is the most ideal choice.
Motorbike rental shops
With motorcycles, you can freely have fun, take photos and admire the beautiful natural landscape. You will have the opportunity to ride on a straight rubber road more than 5km long, relax and enjoy the cool breeze under the shade of green trees.
Mui Ne Travel
- No.10 Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Mui Ne Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 70,000 - 150,000 VND / day ($3 - 6.6)
- Contact: 0338 711 338
Mr Du motorbike rental shop
- No.2 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ham Tien Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 80,000 - 150,000 VND / day ($3.5 - 6.6)
- Contact: 097 481 50 78
Thanh Lam motorbike rental shop
- No.114 Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Mui Ne Ward, Phan Thiet City
- Price: 70,000 - 150,000 VND / day ($3 - 6.6)
- Contact: 0827 76 1990
Jeep tour suppliers
There is nothing more satisfying than riding on a jeep across the sand dunes, with a wide variety of tours that you can choose from:
Hai Tuan Travel
- Price: 100,000 - 500,000 VND / person / private tour ($4.4 - 22); 110,000 / person / joining tour with fixed schedule ($4.8)
- Website: https://muine-explorer.com/
Bo Cat Vang Travel
- Price: 550,000 VND / tour for 1-4 people ($23.7); 600,000 VND / tour for 5 - 6 people
- Website: https://bocatvangtravel.com.vn/
4 - Mui Ne Vietnam map
Coming to Mui Ne in Vietnam, it is surely that you will have the opportunity to experience exciting water sports activities, admire beautiful landscapes, or try delicious food.