Apart from the charming, stretching glittering white sand beaches, the system of ungraded, world’s class resorts and hotels, Danang is alluring to a large number of visitors by its rich foods typical of the culinary art of Central Vietnam. Let’s discover these should-not-miss food in Danang city by getting on this virtual food tour in the article below.
I - Top best food in Danang Vietnam
1 - Best seafood in Danang
The livable Danang city has a long shoreline of about 92km with many stunning beaches in Danang such as My Khe, Non Nuoc or Pham Van Dong, etc., which are not only potentials for tourism development but also provide huge sources of tasty, fresh seafood. Traveling to Danang, tourists absolutely should not miss trying fresh seafood dishes.
The most famous seafood dishes in Danang can be mentioned as: fried crab with tamarind, oyster porridge, grilled squid with sate, grilled scallops with onion, seafood hotpot, and many other dishes from sea snails.
Top places to try the best seafood in Danang:
Hai San pho:
- Address: No.51 Vo Nguyen Giap street, Bac My An ward, Ngu Hanh Son district
- Rate: 45,000 - 300,000 VND/ dish ($1.9 - 13)
- Opening hours: 10am - 10pm
- Contact: 094 594 3232
Lao Dai Danang:
- Address: Group A2-1, Vo Van Kiet street, An Hai Bac ward, Son Tra district
- Rate: 35,000 - 500,000 VND/ dish ($1.5 - 21.5)
- Opening hours: 10am - 2am
- Contact: 096 666 6895
- Address: No.26 To Hien Thanh street, Phuoc My ward, Son Tra district
- Rate: 70,000 - 300,000 VND/ dish ($3 - 13)
- Opening hours: 10am - 11pm
- Contact: 090 566 5058
2 - One of the best food in Danang Vietnam - Cau Mong burned veal
The delicacy of Danang - Hoi An originated from the famous village of Cau Mong. The traditional flavors of burned veal in Danang is distinctive. The ingredients include high-quality veal of calf about 25-35kg, raised in the plains. Then, the veal is burned on a charcoal fire and evenly cooked until the meat is soft, sweet, and the outside turns yellow and crispy. The food is served with thin, chewy rice paper rolls/ rice paper, raw vegetables (raw bean sprouts, sour starfruit, basil, cilantro, bok choy, etc.) and of course dipping sauce which is the mixture of fish sauce, garlic, ginger, chili, roasted sesame, lemon juice, etc. to make a delicious irresistible taste.
Top place to try this famous food in Danang:
Cau Mong burned veal - 100 Dien Bien Phu Danang
- Address: No.100 Dien Bien Phu street, Chinh Gian ward, Thanh Khe district
- Rate: 50,000 - 110,000 VND/ dish ($2.15 - 4.75)
- Opening hours: 8am - 10pm
- Contact: 0236 38813 311
Phuong Tin - Cau Mong burned veal:
- Address: No.376 Dien Bien Phu street, Hoa Khe ward, Thanh Khe district
- Rate: 20,000 - 360,000 VND/ dish ($0.86 - 15.5)
- Opening hours: 7am - 8:30pm
- Contact: 090 505 6284
Kim Chi burned veal Danang:
- Address: Nhu Nguyet street, Thuan Phuoc ward, Hai Chau district
- Rate: 50,000 - 150,000 VND/ dish ($2.15 - 6.5)
- Opening hours: 3pm - 10pm
- Contact: 091 344 3150
3 - Best street food in Danang - Vietnamese crepe and lemongrass pork skewers
Bánh xèo or Vietnamese crepes consist of two parts: fillings and a crispy side. The outside of the dish is made of rice flour to make the pancakes a slightly chewy texture. Then, it is loaded with filling tasty ingredients such as shrimp, bean sprouts, thinly sliced green onions, fresh mint leaves, etc. The dish is usually served with dipping sauce & fresh herbs.
Banh Xeo Mien Trung:
- Address: No.14 Hoang Dieu street, Phuoc Ninh ward, Hai Chau district
- Rate: 20,000 - 33,000 VND/ serving ($0.86 - 1.42)
- Opening hours: 8am - 10pm
- Contact: 0918 920 010
Nem lụi or grilled lemongrass pork skewers is another must-eat local food in Danang. The mixture of well-seasoned ground pork paste, ground pork, pork fat and pork skin are rolled into a sausage shape around a crushed lemongrass skewer so that the aroma of lemongrass blends with the flavor of meat. This dish is also served with fresh Vietnamese vegetables, herbs and special dipping sauce.
Nem Lui Bà Dưỡng (Mrs. Duong’s Nem Lui):
- Address: No.23 Hoang Dieu Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Hotline: 0236 3873 168
- Opening hours: 09:00 - 21:30
- Danang food delivery: Yes
- Price: 20,000 - 55,000 VND
4 - Rice paper rolls with pork - best local food in Danang
The main ingredients of this rustic delicacy are dry, thin rice paper made from fragrant rice, thinly sliced, boiled bacon to make the meat fatty and tender, various vegetables including herbs, lettuce, perilla, celery, young mango, green banana, starfruit, and cucumber. The soul of the dish is dipping sauce made of seasoned fish sauce featuring salty, spicy, sour, and sweet taste.
Some places to try this scrumptious Danang food:
Dac san Tran:
- Address: No.04 Le Duan street, Hai Chau 1 ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 9am - 9pm
- Contact: 0236 3849 022
Quan Mau Danang:
- Address: No.35 Do Thuc Tinh street, Khue Trung ward, Cam Le district
- Opening hours: 10am - 7pm
- Contact: 0236 3846 615
5 - Nam O fish salad - a typical local food in Danang Vietnam
This special salad is made from fresh, sweet herring fish in Nam O fishing village. It includes 2 types: dry and wet salad. The former is suitable for the first time raw fish eaters and the latter is for those who like the fresh taste of raw fish. The ingredients to make the salad are fresh herring, rice paper, raw vegetables (mango, green banana, leaves of Ming aralia, etc.), and spices (garlic, ginger, chili, lemon, peanut, salt, sesame, rice vinegar).
When enjoying, you put a plate of well - marinated fish salad and vegetables on instant rice paper, roll it up and dip in the dipping sauce. The sweet fish meat combined with the mild spicy taste of chili, peppers and the fresh vegetables captivates all diners.
Some places to enjoy this food in Danang:
Nam O Thanh Huong fish salad
- Address: No.1029 Nguyen Luong Bang street, Hoa Hiep Nam ward, Lien Chieu district
- Opening hours: 9:30am - 9:30pm
- Contact: 0905 170 200
Ms. My fish salad
- Address: No.11 Mai Lao Bang street, Thuan Phuoc ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 9am - 10pm
- Contact: 0236 389 4576
Sau Hao Nam O fish salad:
- Address: 232 Tran Cao Van, Thanh Khe, Da Nang;
- Opening hours: 10am - 11pm
- Contact: 090 529 47 18
- Price: 50,000 - 90,000 VND/ portion
6 - Khô Mè Cẩm Lệ - famous cake of Danang cuisine
A special food in Danang that is highly recommended for taking home as a local specialty. Khô Mè is a kind of cake made from rice flour, glutinous rice, sesame, sugar, crushed fresh ginger, and cinnamon powder. This treat is characterized by the ivory white of roasted sesame, the golden sugar. When enjoying this piece of cake, you can feel the sweetness of sugar, the flesh of glutinous rice flour and the fat of roasted sesame, the spicy aroma of ginger and cinnamon.
Kho Me Ba Lieu:
- Address: No.200/1 Ong Ich Duong street, Hoa Tho Dong ward, Cam Le district
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Contact: 0905 252 550
7 - Stir-fried fish cake vermicelli
Stir-fried fish cake vermicelli is the top food in Danang, loved by many gourmets thanks to its rich flavor of broth from tomato, pumpkin and bone, delicious pieces of fish cake, fresh onions and raw vegetables. The fatty and crunchy taste of ivory-white vermicelli combined with sweet - sour flavor of the broth creates the wonderful bowl of vermicelli.
Price: 150,00 - 50,000 VND/ bowl ($0.65 - 2.15)
Some places to try this Danang cuisine’s specialty:
Bun ca 109 Nguyen Chi Thanh:
- Address: No.109 Nguyen Chi Thanh street, Hai Chau 1 ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 6am - 7pm
- Contact: 0945 713 171
Bun cha ca Ba Lu (Ms. Lu’s stir-fried fish cake vermicelli):
- Address: No.319 Hung Vuong street, Vinh Trung ward, Thanh Khe district
- Opening hours: 7am - 11pm
8 - Best Vietnamese food in Danang - Mắm Nêm vermicelli
Mắm Nêm or Fermented fish sauce is also called mam cai (cai fish sauce) is a very popular kind of sauce in the Central region of Vietnam, served with many different dishes, particularly vermicelli. Nêm fish sauce in Danang is made from a diversity of fresh fishes such as cobia, scad, anchovies, etc., then marinated according to the heirloom recipe to create a thick, dark brown sauce with strong aroma.
A bowl of Mắm Nêm noodle soup Danang food combines fresh vermicelli, roasted/ boiled pork, roasted peanuts, herbs, some vegetables such as lettuce, fresh bean sprouts, shredded papaya, and fermented fish sauce mixed with minced chili & garlic, and sugar.
Some places to try this famous noodle soup food in Danang:
Bun mam Di Lien (Ms. Lien’s vermicelli wit Nem fish sauce):
- Address: No.52 Tran Binh Trong street, Phuoc Ninh ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 2:30pm - 11:30pm
- Contact: 0905 469 104
Bun Mam Van:
- Address: No.23/14 Tran Ke Xuong street, Hai Chau 2 ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 6:30am - 10pm
- Contact: 0236 381 8009
9 - Quang noodles
Quang noodles are the symbol of culinary art of Danang and Quang Nam province, made of finely ground rice flour to make thin, flexible noodles. There are many versions of Quang noodles with different main ingredients such as chicken, pork, beef, frog, egg, snakehead fish.
This is top must-try noodle food in Danang Vietnam thanks to its delicious taste. A delicious bowl of noodles must be colorful with various ingredients like shrimp, meat, eggs, roasted peanuts, sesame rice paper, lemon juice, chili, fresh vegetables, and dipping sauce. Rice paper is dipped with rich broth or broken into smaller pieces, then mixed in a bowl of noodles.
Quang noodles is a favorite Danang food that is served with lots of fresh herbs namely basil, fresh lettuce, young cabbage buds, white bean sprouts, cilantro, laksa leaves and thinly sliced banana flowers.
Quang noodle price: 25,000 VND/ bowl ($1.07)
Some places for trying this delicious food in Danang:
Quan Mi Quang Ba Bich (Ms. Bich’s Quang noodles)
- Address: No.01 Dang Dung street, Hoa Khanh Bac ward, Lien Chieu district
- Opening hours: 5am - 9pm
- Contact: 0236 3732 154
Mi Quang Ba Vi (Ms.Vi’s Quang noodles)
- Address: No.166 Le Dinh Duong street, Hai Chau 2 ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 6am - 11pm
- Contact: 0236 3865 651
10 - Cao Lau noodle - a quintessence of Danang cuisine
Cao Lau is a special kind of noodles in the Central region Vietnam with light yellow noodles made from rice flour soaked with ashes of Melaleuca firewood from the Cham island, and diverse toppings make this a must try dish on your tour of trying the best food in Danang Vietnam.
The ingredients to make Cao Lau are quite similar to those of Quang noodles, mainly shrimp, pork, and fresh vegetables, dumped in a small amount of broth. The chewy noodles, meatloaf, crispy pork skin and rich broth make a profound impression on many diners’ minds about this Danang food.
Cao Lau noodle price: 20,000 - 40,000 VND / bowl ($0.86 - 1.72)
Places to enjoy Cao Lau noodle:
Cao lau Phuoc:
- Address: K18 Nguyen Duy Hieu street, An Hai Dong ward, Son Tra district
- Opening hours: 6am - 6pm
- Contact: 0355 261 285
Cao lau pho Hoi:
- Address: No.172 To Huu street, Hoa Cuong Nam ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 10:30am - 9pm
- Contact: 0901 126 621
11 - Tré Danang - top famous local food in Danang
The process to make “tré” is not complicated but the ingredients to make this scrumptious dish must be extremely fresh. The main ingredients include pork skin, pork ear, lean meat along with fine beef, fish sauce, galangal, and garlic, etc. Pork meat and ears are cleanly washed, boiled, thinly sliced, then seasoned with spices. The mixture is wrapped tightly in green banana leaves, then incubated for 2-3 days. This dish is usually eaten with papaya, carrots, and chilly sauce.
Price of Tré: 80,000 - 120,000 VND/dish ($3.5 - 5.2)
Some places to try this special dish in of Danang cuisine:
- Address: No.196 Tran Cao Van street, Tam Thuan ward, Thuan Khe district
- Opening hours: 9am - 5pm
- Contact: 0236 3890 164
Tré co Le (Ms.Le’s tré):
- Address: Np.53 Hai Phong street, Thach Thang ward, Hai Chau district
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Contact: 0913 457 503
II - Top local tours guide you to the best food in Danang
1 - Danang Food Tour
The enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable local tour guides will take you to a variety of places in the city to try the most delicious & authentic local dishes in Danang.
- Website: https://danangfoodtour.com/
- Contact: 0902 497 199
2 - Xuan Tu’s Vietnam tours - a funtastic Danang food tour
This is top-rated food tours by TripAdvisor for private Vietnam tours and Vietnam shore excursions. With knowledgeable, friendly tour guides all of whom are bilinguals or even trilinguals, high-quality services, the agency is sure to provide international guests unforgettable experiences.
- Website: https://privatehoianguide.com/
- Contact: 0904 089 251
3 - Danang on bike - enjoy local food in Danang city with bike
The special feature of this four-hour tour is you will get on a bike and be accompanied with professional tour guides to visit the city center and beautiful places in Danang, then sample the best local food on the way.
- Website: https://hieupham5297.wixsite.com/danangonbike
- Contact: 0905 604 963
4 - Danang Back Street food tour
Within 3 hour food tours, you can have a truly authentic food experience when discovering the most typical and tasty food of Danang cuisine. There are a wide range of tours with different options, so you can choose your favorite one.
- Website: https://danangbackstreets.wixsite.com/danangbackstreets/why-us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The diversity of delectable food plays a crucial role in the promotion of tourism development in Danang city. This list of the best food in Danang Vietnam are strongly imbued with its rich culture, tradition and history, which create the exceptional attractiveness of the city named as “the most livable country” in Vietnam.