Danang is well known as the "City of Bridges", because of its unique bridges. In addition to famous bridges such as Golden Bridge, Dragon Bridge, there are many other attractions waiting to be explored in this city. Here below is a quick look at top famous tourist attractions in Danang that tourists should not miss:
I - Top best attractions in Danang Vietnam
1 - Golden Bridge and Ba Na Hills
Ba Na Hills, about 20km from Danang City Center, is a leading resort and entertainment complex in Vietnam. The unique tourist spots here include:
- The French Village, which reconstitutes a romantic & ancient beauty of France
- Le Jardin D'Amour Flower Garden with 9 romantic & poetic gardens
- Linh Ung pagoda with rare three-leafed pine trees
- A 9-story Linh Phong Bao Tower with sacred echo bells
The Golden Bridge is a famous place in Danang - Source: Kenh14
Golden Bridge, built-in 2018 & located in the Le Jardin d'Amour flower garden area, is a 150m pedestrian bridge. After being inaugurated, it has become famous because of its unique design. Viewed from a distance, the bridge is like a soft silk strip raised by a pair of hands amidst majestic nature.
Location: An Son Village, Hoa Ninh Commune, Hoa Vang District, Danang City.
2 - My Khe Beach - one of the top Danang tourist spots
My Khe Beach, a stunning white sandy beach, has been voted by Forbes magazine as one of the six most beautiful beaches on the planet. You can experience long sunny days with tons of exciting activities such as swimming, diving, surfing,...Along the shore, you can find lots of seafood and local specialties with prices ranging from $4.3 - 21.6.
Location: Vo Nguyen Giap street, Phuoc My ward, Son Tra district - about 6km from the center of Danang
3 - Marble Mountains
So what to see in Danang Vietnam next? The Marble Mountains complex consists of five mountains namely Kim Son (Metal Mountain); Moc Son (Wood Mountain), Thuy Son (Water Mountain), Hoa Son (Fire Mountain), Tho Son (Earth Mountain). Among the 5 mountains, Thuy Son (Water Mountain) is home to many beautiful caves and pagodas, such as Underworld Cave, Tam Thai Pagoda, Linh Ung Pagoda. Right below the foot of Marble Mountains is Non Nuoc craft village - one of the must-see tourist attractions in Danang Vietnam. Coming here, you have the chance to explore where many vivid stone sculptures are created.
The Marble Mountains - Source: Zing
Address: No.81 Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District - 8km from Danang City Centre to the Southeast.
Ticket price to visit Thuy Son mountain:
- Adult: 40,000 VND/person ($1.6)
- Children under 6 years old: free of charge
- Elevator service: 15,000 VND/ person ($0.64)
- Tour interpreting service: 50,000 VND/ tour group ($2.15)
4 - Dragon Bridge - famous attraction in Danang Vietnam at night
The Dragon Bridge crossing the Han River is one of the most impressive icons of Danang. The 666m long bridge simulates a lively winding dragon. At 9pm every Saturday and Sunday, fire and water are spewed out of the dragon's mouth creating a spectacular performance.
Location: An Hai ward, Hai Chau district
You may find it interesting: Top greatest bridges in Danang City
5 - Son Tra Peninsula
The famous Son Tra peninsula is an attractive sightseeing destination as well as one of the most beautiful tourist attractions in Danang Vietnam for a vacation. A wild & quiet peninsula is almost completely isolated from the bustling city. Enjoying the fresh air, the stunning winding beaches, and the diverse ecosystem surrounded by green space… are the best things to look at and experience in a holiday. Top tourist sites here include Linh Ung Pagoda, But Beach, Ban Co Peak, Tien Sa Lighthouse,...
Son Tra Penisula - Source: VnExpress
Location: Son Tra Peninsula, Son Tra district - 10km from the city center to the Northeast
6 - Asia Park - an interesting place in Danang
Located along the banks of the Han River, Asia Park has a total area of 860,000m², attracting visitors with many fun outdoor games. From the Sun Wheel in Asia Park - the top 10 largest wheels in the world, you can admire a panoramic view of the vibrant city of Danang & Han River. Asia Park includes two main zones:
- Outdoor area with many attractive games: wooden horse wheel, sun wheel, roller coaster,...
- Cultural park area in this Danang attraction: a reconstitution of many unique Asian buildings such as: Japanese lantern area, Korean cultural area, citadel gate inspired from Ngo Mon gate in Hue Citadel,...
Location: No.1 Phan Dang Luu Street, Hoa Cuong Bac Ward, Hai Chau District
Entrance fee: Free and game-by-game ticketing
- Sun Wheel: 100,000 VND / adult ($4.31); 70,000 VND / 1-1.4m child ($3.01).
- All in one ticket (all games): 200,000 VND / adult ($8.62); 150,000 VND / 1-1.4m child ($6.46).
- Asian Buffet: 269,000 VND / adult ($12); 169,000 VND / 1-1.4m child ($7.3)
II - Top cultural attractions in Danang Vietnam
To enhance your cultural experiences, the suggestions highly recommended for you are the Champa sculpture museum, Linh Ung pagoda, and Danang cathedral.
1 - Museum of Cham sculpture
The Museum of Cham Sculpture, also known as the Cham Ancient Institute, was inaugurated in 1919. This place gathers lots of art sculptures of the Champa Kingdom (192 - 1832). The Museum currently displays more than 2000 artifacts in an area of about 2,000m². The nice sculptures are mainly made of bronze, terracotta, and sandstone.
Visiting this museum, one of the must-visit places in Danang, is a good chance to understand more about spiritual life as well as the diversity of Cham culture. Address: No.2, 2/9 street, Binh Hien Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City
Ticket price: 60,000 VND ($2.58)
2 - Linh Ung Pagoda
In Danang, there are all 03 Linh Ung Pagodas, namely:
- Linh Ung Pagoda on top of Ba Na Hills, Hoa Ninh Commune, Hoa Vang District, Danang City.
- Linh Ung Pagoda, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City
- Linh Ung Pagoda, Hoang Sa Street, Tho Quang Ward, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang City (located on Son Tra Peninsula).
Linh Ung Pagoda - the best place to visit in Danang - Source: Bestpricetravel
The Linh Ung Pagoda on Son Tra Peninsula is the largest one with a large and tranquil campus. A 67m high statue of Lady Buddha - the tallest Buddha statue in Vietnam, marks the point to the campus. In the heart of the Buddha statue are 17 floors, in each, there is a total altar of 21 Buddha statues with different shapes, facial expressions, and postures, called “the Buddha inside Buddha”
- Address: Hoang Sa Street, Tho Quang Ward, Thanh Khe District - about 14.3km from the city center.
- Ticket price: Free.
3 - Da Nang Cathedral - top cultural attractions in Danang Vietnam
Da Nang Cathedral covered by pink color (also known as Rooster Church) was built in 1923 & inspired by Gothic architecture with rhombic-shaped arches. The interior and simple carvings blend together, giving the church a unique and dignified look. At the back of the church is the Blessed Virgin Mary Grotto, a replica of the French Lourdes Grotto.
- Monday - Saturday: 5am - 5pm
- Sunday: English: 5:15am, 8am, 10am & Vietnamese: 3pm, 5pm, 6.30pm
Address: No.156 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City.
Ticket price: Free of charge.
III - Where to visit in Danang for shopping
1 - Con Market
Con Market is definitely the busiest market as well as the best shopping in Danang. You can come here for lots of great local street food such as spring rolls, thick noodle soup, baluts, Quang noodles, tapioca dumplings, dried beef salad, banana sweet soup at affordable prices of 20,000 - 50,000 VND ($0.86 - 2.15).
Con Market - Source: Internet
- Opening hours: 7am - 7:30pm
- Address: No.290 Hung Vuong Street, Vinh Trung Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Ticket price: Free of charge
2 - Han Market - famous Danang attraction
Han Market, located on the shore of the bank of the Han River, was built in 1940 covering an area of 28,000m². This shopping paradise includes different areas selling food, fabric & clothes, souvenirs, and household care products. You should not miss trying local dishes such as: sizzling pancakes, spicy and sour snails (Oc Hut), small steamed savory rice cakes, spring rolls, Quang noodles, and other kinds of noodle soups.
- Opening hours: 6am - 10pm
- Address: No.119 Tran Phu Street, Hai Chau 1 Ward, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City
- Ticket price: Free.
3 - Helio night market
Helio night market is one of the best attractions in Danang Vietnam for enjoying street food. This night market is a food paradise with more than 150 kiosks selling a lot of kinds of food from Vietnamese, Chinese to Korean cuisine at prices ranging from 10,000 - 35,000 VND ($0.43 - 1.5).
Helio Night Market - Source: Internet
- Opening hours: 5pm - 10.30pm
- Address: 2/9 street, Hoa Cuong Bac ward, Da Nang city.
- Ticket price: Free
4 - Son Tra Night Market
What to see in Danang City at night? Son Tra night market is a great idea for having a street food tour, and looking for some nice souvenirs.
- Opening hours: 5pm - 0am
- Address: Mai Hac De Street, An Hai Trung Ward, Son Tra District, Da Nang City
- Ticket price: Free
Those are the best attractions in Danang Vietnam to visit. Hopefully, you have a nice trip to this beautiful city of Vietnam.