I - Where is Danang Airport Vietnam?
This is a key airport in the Central region of Vietnam, located at Duy Tan Street, Hoa Thuan Tay Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City. Constructed in 1940 with a total area of up to 842 hectares, the airport includes 2 terminals for domestic and international passengers.
Source: Keith Chan
- Danang airport code: ICAO code: DAD and IATA code: VVDN
- Domestic terminal (T1) has an area of nearly 14,500 m2, consisting of 4 floors: 3 floors and 1 basement.
- International terminal (T2) has an area of 210,000 m2 with many services and stores.
II - Danang Airport departures and arrivals information
Domestic flights from and to Danang:
- Hanoi: Noi Bai Airport
- Ho Chi Minh City: Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Hai Phong Province: Cat Bi Airport
- Quang Ninh Province: Van Don Airport
- Thanh Hoa Province: Tho Xuan Airport
- Nha Trang City: Cam Ranh Airport
- Da Lat City: Lien Khuong Airport
- Can Tho City: Can Tho Airport
- Buon Ma Thuot Province: Buon Ma Thuot Airport
- Phu Quoc Island: Phu Quoc Airport
International flights from and to Danang Airport: from most famous destinations in Asia such as Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Wuhan, Tokyo - Narita, Osaka - Kansai, Seoul - Incheon, Busan, Jeju, Muang, Bangkok - Suvarnabhumi, Hongkong, Seoul - Incheon, Jeju, Taipei, Dai Dong, Baotou, Hoai An, Nanjing, Ningbo, Kaohsiung, Kuala Lumpur, New Delhi, Singapore.
II - What services are available at Danang Airport Vietnam?
Vietnam visa - Source: Wikipedia
1 - Visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is available at this airport. You can get information about visa services such as:
- Completing tourists’ profile, asking for an entry letter and approval letter from Vietnam Immigration Department on behalf of tourists.
- Guiding the entry procedures into Vietnam: writing declarations, paying fees,...
You should prepare the following documents in advance:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Passport not blurred or torn
- Dispatch entry granted by Immigration Bureau of Immigration Department - Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam, allowing entry and receiving a visa at the airport.
2 - Danang Airport lost and found
In the unlikely situation that your baggage is damaged or lost, please contact the "Lost and Found Baggage" room for assistance. You can also contact agents representing the airlines you have booked and traveled because the airlines companies have the responsibility for storing and transferring customers' baggage during the flights from check-in point to checking-out point.
3 - Danang Airport sim card service
Source: Talles Alves
You can buy a sim card at the Sim Card counter at the airport arrival hall. The price is only 30,000 - 50,000 VND/sim card ($1.3 - 2.2). In Vietnam, the most popular sim-card & mobile internet service providers are Viettel, Vinaphone, and Mobifone. 4G mobile download speed network covers the whole country, and 5G network is going to operate in near future.
5 - VIP lounges at Danang Airport Vietnam
In Domestic Terminal T1
There are 2 vip lounges for business class passengers including Room C1: Vietnam Airlines passengers; Room C2: Vietjet customers, retail customers.
- Opening hours: Terminal T1 flights : 4am – last flight
- Location: 3rd floor of Domestic Terminal.
In International Terminal T2
The 2 business class lounges in Danang International Airport Terminal T2 are Orchid 2 lounges operated by Da Nang International Terminal Services Joint Stock Company (AHTS) and Lotus Lounge of Da Nang. Vietnam Airlines is operated by Vietnam Airport Ground Services Company Limited (VIAGS).
At the vip lounges, you can experience great services from food and drinks, massage chairs, sleeping boxes, high-speed wifi, office rooms fully equipped with a printer & scanner. To experience this service, you can register at the front desk..
6 - Food and Shopping at Danang Airport Vietnam
- Location:the 2nd floor
- Prices: 47,000 VND for a hamburger ($2.1).
Vietnam Gift Shop - Source: Danangsouvenirs
Vietnam Gift Shop
At Vietnam Gift Shop, there are a variety of diverse items such as fashion items, clothes, bags,...; famous Vietnamese specialties: cakes, dried food,... You can also buy gifts or souvenirs with prices from only 100,000 VND/product ($4.3).
- Location: 1st, 2nd Floor, Isolation Area and 2nd Floor Public Area
IV - From Danang Airport Vietnam to nearby tourist destinations
Necessary phone number:
- Taxi Mai Linh Danang: 0511 356 5656
- Taxi Vinasun Green: 0511 368 6868
- Taxi Tien Sa Da Nang: 0511 379 7979
- Da Nang shuttle: 082 377 3333 (24/7 available on WhatsApp, Skype). The diverse cars (4 seat car, 7 seat car, 16 seat car and 30 seat car) with reasonable price (included fuel, parking fee and toll fee).
- Danang Transfer: 0949 537 755; Rental price from $21 / 4-seat car
- Nhat Phong Travel: 0935 434 437; Private car rental fee here is from $19 / 4-seat car
Source: Kevin N. Hume
1 - Getting from Danang Airport to Hoi An
The distance from the airport to Hoi An is about 30km and you can travel by taxi, bus or a rental car.
- Price: 50 minutes/trip
- Taxi fare from 350,000 VND/4-seater car ($15)
Private rental car
- Price: $20-25 for a 4-7 seat car.
- Bus ticket price: 30,000VND/person ($1.3).
- Get-on point: No.50 Nui Thanh street - 2.5km from the airport gate.
- Get-off point: Hoi An bus station, Nguyen Tat Thanh Street, Cam Pho Ward, Hoi An City (1.5km from Hoi An Ancient Town).
- Travel time: 70 - 80 minutes/trip
- Frequency: about 20 minutes/trip from 5:30am to 5:50pm
2 - Bus & taxi from Danang Airport to My Khe Beach
Distance between the airport and My Khe Beach is only about 6km and you can easily travel by:
- Price: 60,000 - 100,000 VND/4-seater car ($2.6 - 4.3)
- Travel time: 15 - 20 minutes/trip
- Get-on point: No.50 Nui Thanh Street - 2.5km from the airport gate
- Get-off point: My Khe Beach point
- Price: 18,000 VND/person ($0.77)
- Travel time: 10 - 15 minutes/trip
- Price: 30,000 VND/person ($1.3)
- Travel time: 15 - 20 minutes
3 - Travel from Danang Airport to Hue
It is 100km from the airport to Hue. Taking a taxi or renting a private car are the most popular choices
- Price: from $43.1 to 77.5 / 4 - 7 seats car
- Travel time: 2-3 hours/trip
- Price: from $45 to 75/ 4 - 16 seats car
- Travel time: 2-3 hours/trip.
4 - From Danang Airport to Bana Hill and Golden bridge
With a distance of more than 40km, you can travel by taxi from the airport to Bana Hills or rent a private car.
- Price: 350,000 VND/4-seater car ($15.1)
- Travel time: 1.25 hours/trip
- Price: $10.8 - 25.9 /4-seater car - 7-seater car
- Travel time: 1.5 hours/trip
Above is all the necessary information about Danang Airport Vietnam. Hopefully, the article helps you get more useful information about this airport, making your trip to Danang more convenient.