- Total area: 7.7211km2
- Postal code: 71000
- Administrative divisions: Ben Nghe Ward, Ben Thanh Ward, Cau Ong Lanh Ward, Cau Kho Ward, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, Co Giang Ward, Dakao Ward, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Tan Dinh Ward
I - Top 8 attractions & things to do in District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Google map - Source: Internet
1 - Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon
Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon (Duc Ba church) named one of the world's 19 most beautiful churches (Business Insider article) has been existing for more than 140 years. From afar, the church stands out because of its antique orange paintwork. Inside the church, there is Roman architecture mixed with the Gothic style that demonstrates the beauty of time. After visiting the Duc Ba chapel, you should enjoy "bet coffee" - a special kind of coffee in Saigon - enjoying Vietnamese coffee on the ground without a table and chair.
- Address: No. 1, Cong Xa Paris Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 6am - 10pm
- Ticket price: Free
2 - Saigon Central Post Office - top attractions in District 1 Ho Chi Minh city
This structure has been standing for more than 130 years and was created in the Western architectural style. The light yellow paintwork and numerous blue-domed or slightly arched windows on the post office exterior attracted onlookers. The lobby of the Sagon Central Post Office is wide, with several long oak seats that have been polished, phone booths, a mailbox, and a tiny souvenir shop, giving the feeling of a pastime and romance.
- Address: No.2 Cong Xa Paris Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 - 30m from Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon
- Opening hours: 7am - 7pm
- Ticket price: Free
3 - Independence Palace
The Independence palace - Source: Gian Thanh Son
So where to go in District 1 Ho Chi Minh city? Independence Palace is always on the list of most-visited places. This work associated with the liberation of the South - Vietnam's reunification on April 30, 1975, is a huge structure with several ancillary works. The palace's precinct is vast and gorgeously plated. The President of the Republic of Vietnam used to work at the T-shaped main house. There are three floors and 95 rooms, each with its distinct function and décor in this palace.
- Address: No.135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1 Vietnam
- Opening hours: 8am - 0pm (Monday - Friday) & 8am - 4pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Ticket price: 40,000 VND/adult ($1.72) and 10,000 VND/child ($0.43)
4 - Ben Thanh Market
Ben Thanh Market in Ho Chi Minh City's oldest and most busy market. It is not only a trading center but also a food paradise, featuring delicacies such as broken rice, Southern beef noodle soup, noodle soup, dumplings,...
- Address: The intersection of 4 streets: Le Loi, Le Thanh Ton, Phan Boi Chau, Phan Chu Trinh in Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 5am - 7pm (day market), 7pm - 11pm (night market)
5 - Bui Vien Street - top tourist attractions in district 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Bui Vien Street, also known as a Western town, Nosleep town, or Backpacker town, is located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City. Nothing is outstanding about this town in the morning. But after the sun goes down, the town transforms into a "hub of food and entertainment." Food booths, cafés, and bars cover both sides of the road, creating a congested line of people.
- Location: Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Pedestrian Street: 7pm - 2am
6 - Nguyen Hue Walking Street
On weekends, Nguyen Hue Walking Street in District 1 HCMC becomes more appealing and crowded till late at night. Many small to large-scale concerts and street performances are staged in this location. Nguyen Hue Street, especially around the Lunar New Year, is covered with bright flowers, transforming it into the "Street of Flora."
- Location: Nguyen Hue Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening hours: 5pm - 11pm
7 - Saigon Opera House in District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
Saigon Opera House - Source: Wikipedia
The Saigon Opera House is now more than 150 years old, built in the Flamboyant style of the Third French Republic. The theater is currently the venue for many great cultural and entertainment events and activities of the city.
- Address: No.7 Cong Truong Lam Son Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 6pm - 11pm
II - Where to stay in District 1 Ho Chi Minh City?
District 1 features a variety of hotels, resorts, hostels, and rental houses as a popular tourism destination. Below are some vacation recommendations that have received a lot of favorable responses on social media.
Somerset hotel - 5 stars
- Address: No.8A Nguyen Binh Khiem Street, District 1
- Room rate: 1,400,000 VND/room ($60)
Intercontinental Saigon - 5 stars
- Address: Corner of Hai Ba Trung & Le Duan Street, District 1
- Room rate: 2,500,000 VND/room ($111.60)
- Contact: 028 3520 9999 | email@example.com
Nikko hotel - 5 stars
Nikko hotel - accommodation Ho Chi Minh City District 1 - Source: Internet
- Address: No.235 Nguyen Van Cu Street, District 1
- Room rate from: 1,800,000 - 8,000,000 VND/room ($78 - 345)
- Contact: 028 3925 7777 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotte Hotel - 5 stars
- Address: No.2A - 4A Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Room rates from: 1,700,000 VND/room ($73)
Park Hyatt - 5 stars
- Address: No.2 Lam Son Square, District 1
- Room price from: 6,000,000 - 10,000,000 VND/room ($258 - 431)
- Contact: 028 3824 1234 | email@example.com
Saigon Backpacker hostel
- Address: No.241/32 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1
- Contact: 028 3920 3665 – 083 837 2030
- Address: No.80 Bui Vien Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Contact: 028 3837 2677
You may need: List of best hotels in District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
III - Essential information about District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
1 - Massage activities
The list below is about the top best massages in District 1
Quỳnh Như Foot Massage 137
Quynh Nhu massage facility has a spacious and elegant space. It is famous for its massage sessions focusing on the legs and back with the support of modern tools, machines, and herbs made from nature.
- Address: No.149 Ham Nghi Street. Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 10am - 11pm
- Website: https://quynhnhu137.com
Khoe Massage is the best massage in Ho Chi Minh District 1. It offers massage therapies that combine classical and modern massage schools, based on the Japanese "shiatsu" acupressure technique.
- Address: No.160 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 10am - 10pm
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Khoemassage
Anam QT Spa
Anam QT Spa - Source: Internet
Anam QT Spa is famous for Thai-style reflexology massage with natural aromatherapy, Shiatsu massage method combined with Japanese therapeutic massage.
- Address: No.26/1A Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1
- Opening hours: 8am - 8pm
2 - How is the nightlife in district 1 Ho Chi Minh City?
District 1 is the most prominent entertainment district in Ho Chi Minh City. When the sun sets, District 1 becomes more busy and colorful, with a variety of entertainment events. You can visit Ben Thanh Night Market, enjoy street cuisine on Bui Vien Street, and watch art performances on Nguyen Hue Walking Street,... In addition, there are clubs and taverns with live music that are not bad options for a burning night. Some best bars in District 1 Saigon:
Skybar for a chilling night
Chill Skybar is a famous disco in District 1 with amazing panoramic city views.
- Address: Floor 26 & 27, AB Tower, No.76A Le Lai Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 5pm - 0am
- Drinks price: 200,000 - 550,000 VND ($8.62 - 23.7)
The Alley Cocktail Bar & Kitchen
The Alley Cocktail Bar & Kitchen - Source: Thealleysaigon
The centerpiece of the pub is the crimson color painting with yellow neon, which gives it a unique retro atmosphere.
- Address: No.63/1 Pasteur Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening hours: 5pm - 1am
- Drinks price: 70,000 - 400,000 VND ($3.01 - 17.24)
Air 360 Sky Lounge - top nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City District 1
At an altitude of 120m, Air 360 Sky Lounge offers a 360-degree open area with an overflowing swimming pool, making it an excellent spot to observe Saigon's nightlife. With diverse and distinctive music, a fusion of East and West cultures, and a refreshing beverage, you will undoubtedly have a fascinating time.
- Address: 22nd Floor Ben Thanh Tower, 136-138 Le Thi Hong Gam Street, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1
- Website: http://airsaigon.vn
3 - Suggestion for a 1-day tour in District 1 Ho Chi Minh City
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Drink “bet coffee” at Notre Dame Cathedral of Saigon
- Saigon Central Post Office
- Having lunch
- Return to the hotel to rest or enjoy iced tea on the sidewalk
- Independence Palace
- Ben Thanh Market
You have 2 options:
- Option 1: Saigon Opera House → Nguyen Hue Walking Street
- Option 2: Massage → Bui Vien Walking Street
District 1 Ho Chi Minh City with irresistible attractions & activities is worth a visit. Just spend one day in this district, you can almost explore all its beauty and excitement.