Distance from Ho Chi Minh city city to Nha Trang is about 430 km. Travel time is about 9 hours by car. To travel between these two cities, you can take a direct flight, train or bus.
- Airplane: There are about 18 flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang every day which are mainly supplied by Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Airway, and Vietjet Air. Flight time is around 1 hour. It is the fastest and most convenient way to travel between these two cities.
- Bus: Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang bus price is about $9-12, it is much cheaper than taking a flight or train. The sleeper bus service takes about 11 hours.
- Train: Train is a good alternative to get to Nha Trang from Saigon. Traveling by train takes about 10 hours.
I - Taking direct Saigon to Nha Trang flights
Depart from Ho Chi Minh city: Tan Son Nhat airport:
- Location: Truong Son street, ward 2, Tan Binh district, Ho Chi Minh city
- IATA code: SGN
Arrive to Nha Trang city: Cam Ranh airport:
- Location: Nguyen Tat Thanh street, Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city, Khanh Hoa province - 35 km from Nha Trang city
- IATA code: CXR
Ho Chi Minh Airport - Source: Reatimes
From Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang flights take about: 1 hour 15 minutes
Top airlines: Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air (about 4 flights/day).
Booking and getting more information about air ticket prices & services, please visit the official websites of airlines. Do remember to be ready at the airport at least 45-60 minutes before departure time. The traffic in Vietnam is quite unpredictable with lots of traffic jams at peak hours (7am - 9am & 5pm - 7pm), be more careful in the airport transfer schedule.
II - Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang luxury train
Saigon Railway Station - Source: Saigon Railway Station
Depart from Saigon railway station:
- Location: No.01 Nguyen Thong street, Ward 10, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
- Telephone: (028) 35264314 or (028) 35264314.
Arrive at Nha Trang railway station:
- Location: No.17 Thai Nguyen street, Phuoc Tan Ward, Nha Trang city
- Telephone: 02583827863 or 02583820666
Train distance: 441km
Train duration: 8-10 hours
Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang train price: from $18 - 27 / ticket
Train (train code - departure time - arrival time):
- Train SE3: 00:14 - 09:12
- Train SE7: 10:54 - 20:02
- Train SNT1: 9:30 - 04:15 (Date+1)
- Train SE21: 20:16 - 05:20 (Date+1)
- Train SE5: 20:47 - 05:50 (Date+1)
Booking & getting more details at: https://dsvn.vn
Note: Soft berth in a cabin of 4 or 6 people is much more comfortable.
III - Travelling from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang by bus
Ho Chi Minh city bus station - Source: Nhatrangtoday
- Distance: 435km
- Travel time: 9-11 hours
- Bus ticket price: $9-12 / way
Ha Linh bus:
- Pick-up: Mien Dong bus station - No.292 Dinh Bo Linh street, Ward 26, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh city
- Drop-off: No.21, 23/10 street, Nha Trang city
- Departure - arrive time: 7pm - 4:30am
- Price: 220,000 VND / way ($9.5)
- Contact: 0822190198 or 0862792027
Hanh cafe - famous Saigon to Nha Trang bus:
- Pick-up: No.145 Nguyen Cu Trinh street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city
- Drop-off: No.9 Hung Vuong street, Nha Trang city
- Departure - arrive time: 8pm - 5:30am, 9pm - 6:30am
- Price: 200,000 VND / way ($8.6)
- Contact: 088376429 - 089205679
Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh city to Nha Trang:
- Pick-up: No.272 De Tham street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city (Mien Dong bus station)
- Drop-off: No.07 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Nha Trang city
- Price: 235,000 VND / way ($10)
- Contact: 0838386852
Above are all the information and travel schedule of the route from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang. Hope it help!