It is widely known that Hanoi and Hoi An are two famous tourist destinations in Vietnam. While Hanoi is marked by the ancient beauty of a thousand-year capital, Hoi An is a poetic ancient town with many unique architectures and a great garment profession.
I - How to travel from Hanoi to Hoi An by train?
There is NO train station in Hoi An so you have to get off at Da Nang train station in Danang city, then catch a bus to get to Hoi An.
Step 1: From Hanoi to Da Nang train station
- Departure point: Hanoi train station - No.120 Le Duan street, Hang Bong ward, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Arrival point: Da Nang train station - No.791 Hai Phong street, Tam Thuan ward, Thanh Khe district, Hanoi
- Distance: about 740km
- Train schedules: SE7: 6am - 11:30pm & SE5: 3:20pm - 9am (date+1) & SE3: 7:30pm - 00:30pm (date+1)
- Ticket-booking: at Hanoi train station or via https://dsvn.vn
Night train from Hanoi to Hoi An is an ideal choice - Source: Wikipedia
Step 2: From Da Nang train station to Hoi An city
The distance from Da Nang train station to Hoi An is about 30km. You can take a taxi or bus.
Taxi price is about 250,000 VND/4-seat car ($11) and travel time is about 50 mins. Some taxi brands in Danang:
- Tien Sa Da Nang Taxi - 1900 252500
- Mai Linh Da Nang Taxi - 0236 3565 656
- Vinasun Green Taxi - 0511 368 68 68
By bus No.01:
- Get-on point: No.162 Ong Ich Khiem street, Thach Thang ward, Danang - 550m from Da Nang train station.
- Get-off point: Hoi An bus station - Nguyen Tat Thanh street, Cam Pho ward, Hoi An - 1.5km from Hoi An Ancient Town
- Ticket price: 25,000 VND/person ($1)
- Frequency: 20 mins/trip from 5:30am - 5:50pm
II - Taking flights from Hanoi to Hoi An city
There is NO AIRPORT in Hoi An, instead, you have to take a flight from Hanoi to Danang, then transfer by taxi or bus to Hoi An.
Step1: Taking a flight from Hanoi to Danang
- Departure point: Noi Bai airport - Phu Minh commune, Soc Son district, Hanoi - about 25km from the city center
- Arrival point: Da Nang airport - Duy Tan street, Hoa Thuan Tay ward, Hai Chau District, Danang city
- Travel time: 1 hour
- Airlines: Vietnam Airline, Bamboo Airways, Vietjet Air
Step2: From Da Nang airport to Hoi An city
Da Nang airport is about 30km from Hoi An and you can travel by bus No.01 or taxi from the airport to Hoi An
Taxi price is about 250,000 VND/4-seat car ($11) and travel time is about 50 mins
By bus No.01:
The information is the same as section I, except:
- Get-on point: No.50 Nui Thanh street - 2.5km from Da Nang airport gate. Calling for a grabbike to travel from the airport gate to bus No.01 stop is highly recommended.
III - How about buses from Hanoi to Hoi An Vietnam?
Traveling by bus takes about 16 - 19 hours and costs from 300,000 VND/person ($13). You can refer to the following buses in Hanoi:
Camel Travel bus
- Pick-up: No.459 Tran Khat Chan street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi
- Drop-off: No.137 Tran Nhan Tong street, Cam Chau ward, Hoi An city
- Departure - Arrival time: 5pm - 10:30am (date+1) & 6pm - 11:30pm (date+1)
- Contact: 024 8585 0555 - 090 222 7070
- Email: email@example.com
Queen cafe bus
- Pick-up: No.208 Tran Quang Khai street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi
- Drop-off: No.487 Hai Ba Trung street, Tan An Street, Hoi An city
- Departure - Arrival time: 6pm - 00pm (date+1) & 6:30pm - 00:30pm (date+1)
- Contact: 0243 9036 036
The article above may be the best answer to the question of which is the best way to travel from Hanoi to Hoi An Vietnam. It can be seen that traveling to Hoi An from Hanoi is relatively simple and inexpensive. Hopefully, the information that we have just shared will help you better understand each mode of transportation, thereby making choices suitable to their schedule and preferences.