Sapa is listed as the top poetic and pristine tourist spot in Vietnam, which stands out with the rooftop of Indochina - Fansipan, rustic Cat Cat village, murmuring Muong Hoa stream, spectacular O Quy Ho mountain pass, and the system of breath-taking waterfalls such as Silver waterfall, Love waterfall. Therefore, a number of tourists are eager to travel to this wonderful town in the Northwest of Vietnam. It entails the rising demand of means of transportation, in which the most convenient and time-saving one is by train. Wondering how to take an overnight train from Hanoi to Sapa? Don’t ignore this article below to get your right answer!
I - How to get from Hanoi to Sapa by train?
1 - Train from Hanoi to Sapa
Hanoi train station - Source: hanoisapatrain
- Distance: 315km
- Traveling time: around 7 hours (compared to 5 hours traveling by bus)
- Route: Hanoi train station - Lao Cai train station - Sapa
- Departure: Hanoi train station at No.120 Le Duan street, Van Mieu ward, Hoan Kiem district, about 2.5km from Hoan Kiem lake.
- Terminal train station: Lao Cai train station in Pho Moi ward, Lao Cai city, Lao Cai province - 33km from Sapa
2 - Traveling from Lao Cai railway station to Sapa town
On the way by train from Hanoi to Sapa, you need to get from Lao Cai train station to Sapa town. With a distance of 33km, you can get to Sapa town from Lao Cai railway station by bus and taxi.
By bus: Bus 01
Pick - up point: Lao Cai railway station, Lao Cai ward, Lao Cai city
Drop - off point: The church in the center of Sapa town, Sapa town
- Ticket: 26,000 VND/ ticket/ way ($1.14)
- Departure time: 5:50am, 6:10am, 6:40am, 7:30am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 3:30pm
- Frequency: 8 trips/ day
Taxi: Some taxi firms in Lao Cai
- Mai Linh Lao Cai taxi: +84 214 376 7676
- Fansipan taxi: +84 203 626 262
- Hieu Hong taxi: +84 214 382 0820
You can book a ticket from a private operator, most of which provide extra service (shuttle bus/ private car) to take you to Sapa center (with fare).
3 - Hanoi to Sapa train timetable
The best train from Hanoi to Sapa that tourists can book a sleeper berth in a cabin of 4 persons are SP1, SP3, SP2, and SP4. More details:
- Departure time: 21:35
- Arrival time: 05:30
- Departure time: 22:00
- Arrival time: 06:05
- Departure time: 21:40
- Arrival time: 5:30
II - How to book a night train from Hanoi to Sapa?
1 - Hanoi to Sapa train price
VIP cabin - Source: Internet
Tourists are highly recommended to book a soft berth in a cabin of 4 or 2 people with a price range from $20 to $40 per way. More information about ticket fare from https://dsvn.vn/#/
- Four-berth cabin (with bed + Air Conditioner): 415,000 - 445,000 VND/ way ($18.2 - 19.5)
- Two-berth cabin (with bed + Air Conditioner - VIP): 855,000 VND/ way ($37.4)
2 - Train ticket agencies for the route of Hanoi - Sapa
You can buy a Hanoi - Sapa route right in the train station, particularly at the gate at Tran Quy Cap street. Otherwise, you can book online via the official website of Vietnam railway corporation: https://dsvn.vn/#/
Besides, there are several train operators that provide Hanoi - Sapa tours. There are several benefits for this option. Firstly, it offers luxurious and comfortable cabins with satisfying amenities and services. Secondly, most train operators provide extra services to take guests from Lao Cai station to Sapa center with a small amount of money, which is both convenient and financially effective.
Sapaly Express - one of the top luxury trains from Hanoi to Sapa
- Features: Deluxe 4-berth cabin, VIP cabin 2 berths with modern interior of European standards.
- Amenities: bottled water, refresh wipes, snack bar, a cold and hot direct drinking water machine
- Address: No.115 Le Duan street, Van Mieu ward, Hoan Kiem district
- Train ticket price: $60/ person
- Extra service: private car: $26 - 29/ car (7-16 seats)
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Sapalyexpresstrain/
If you are looking for a luxury night train from Hanoi to Sapa, Chapa Express is an ideal agent for booking a package service.
- Features: includes shared Deluxe 4-berth cabins, VIP cabins, suite 2-berth cabins. 14 fully-equipped cabins featuring air-conditioning, reading lights, comfortable beds, Sapa-inspired decor.
- Amenities: high-speed wi-fi, deluxe amenities kit and on-board snacks and drinks.
- Address: 3rd floor, PVI Tower, No.01 Pham Van Bach street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi
- Train ticket price: from $39 - 183/ cabin/ way
- Website: http://chapaexpresstrain.com.vn/
- Features: Livitrans Express offers luxury train Hanoi to Sapa service with seven 4-berth cabins, adequately-equipped furniture: comfortable berths, clean toilets, reading lights, air-conditioner, electric charging point.
- Amenities: slippers, fruits, snacks, biscuits, mineral water, luggage storage for free
- Address: Alley 210/3 Hoang Van Thai street, Khuong Mai ward, Thanh Xuan district
- Train ticket price: $26.23/ person/ way
- Website: http://livitrans.com/en
- Features: This is a great agent that offers the luxury train from Hanoi to Sapa services with 14 Deluxe 4-berth and VIP 2 berth comfortable cabins, air-conditioner, clean toilets, reading lights, cozy light system. The cabins feature light wood paneled walls with doors and windows. The interior is decorated modernly and elegantly.
- Amenities: slippers, snacks, biscuits, mineral water, luggage storage for free
- Address: Room 301, 3rd floor, Pear Building, 28 Trieu Viet Vuong street, Bui Thi Xuan ward, Hai Ba Trung district
- Train ticket price: $31 - 65/ person/ way
- Extra service: Private car Lao Cai station - Sapa: $26 - 29 (7-16 seats)
- Website: https://orientexpresstrainsapa.com/
If you stay in the Hanoi Old Quarter area, Pumpkin is an ideal agent offer train from Hanoi to Sapa services at reasonable price.
- Features: comprise two kinds of cabins: VIP 2 berth cabins and 4 berth cabins. All bedrooms are equipped with lamps, reading lights, air-conditioning, and a luggage storage room. The luxury and scientific design with synchronous facilities make the space inside the train more pleasant and cozy.
- Amenities: Free Wifi access, cold towers, bottled water, snacks and fruits, clean blankets, pillows, cushions, sheets. (VIP cabinets serve beer and soft drinks for free)
- Address: No.89 Ma May street, Hang Buom ward, Hoan Kiem district
- Ticket: $19 - 45/ person/ way
- Website: https://www.traintosapa.com/trains/et-pumpkin-express-train/#/
These are the detailed reviews of the train from Hanoi to Sapa by Localtravelidea. In general, SP1 and SP3 are the most popular luxury trains to Sapa that offer tourists a great schedule to explore Sapa town.