This article reviews 6 important divisions of the force of Vietnamese police including: Traffic Police Department, Mobile Police Department, Police Department For Administrative Management of Social Order, Criminal Police Department, Police Department of Fire Prevention and Fighting and Rescue, Department of Marine Police.
1 - Vietnamese police: Traffic police Department
Police uniform in Vietnam - Source: vtcnews
This force performs the State management function in terms of ensuring the safety and order of traffic as well as traffic law enforcement on road, railway, and inland waterways; partnering with other departments in preventing and fighting crimes on different routes according to the State’s regulations. Traveling to Vietnam, you usually see the traffic officers in light yellow Vietnamese police uniform on duty at the traffic booths.
You should pay attention and follow the Vietnamese traffic laws to ensure safety for yourself and other commuters.
- Bring all necessary personal documents, driving license, and motorbike insurance.
You may need: A guide to ride a motorbike in Vietnam
- Wear a helmet properly.
- Drive in the right lane for motorbikes and cars.
- Change lanes and directions according to the instructions at road markings or the instruction of traffic police (depending on each situation).
- Only one person is allowed to be carried in the motorbike. A motorcycle can carry two people in an emergency, when one in two is a child under 14 years old, or when escorting lawbreakers.
- Follow traffic lights, not go through the red light and the yellow light.
Contact this force of police in Vietnam:
- Hotline: +84 692 342 608 or +84 995 67 67 67
- Hotline of the ministry of public security: +84 692 342 593
- Website: csgt.vn
2 - Police Department For Administrative Management of Social Order
This force of Vietnamese police for administrative management of social order carry out registration, residence management; manage citizens’ identity cards, business activities, seal, weapons, explosive materials, artillery, (except for weapons, explosive materials, and supporting tools managed by the Ministry of National Defense) and public security; quick response according to regulations and the Minister; build and manage household registration book, national database of population; direct and guide the Vietnamese police force for the administrative management of social order in taking professional measures to prevent and fight against crimes and violations according to regulations of law and the Minister.
Contact this force of Vietnam police:
- Address: No.47 Pham Van Dong Street, Mai Dich Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
- Telephone number: +84 692 321 927
- Website: canhsatquanlyhanhchinh.gov.vn
- Foreigners in Vietnam pay attention to procedures related to residence management.
3 - Police system in Vietnam: Mobile Police Department
Mobile police are the core force in taking armed measures to ensure security, maintain social safety, and perform other tasks according to the legislation. This force of Vietnamese police wearing dark moss green clothes usually works after 9pm to 1am of the following day, or from 1am to 5am daily. This force of police in Vietnam often penalizes violations such as vehicles honking after 10pm, driving on prohibited roads and one-way roads, not wearing helmets, etc. particularly, fines for acts of quarreling, fighting, and affecting security and order.
Address of headquarter: No.23 Nguyen Khang Street, Trung Hoa Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi
4 - Vietnamese police: Criminal Police Department
Criminal police is a force that plays an important role in detecting, receiving information, investigating criminal cases to find out evidence to verify violations and crimes. This force also has its own green uniform.
- Telephone number: +84 692 348 560
- You can save the Vietnam police number 113 to call the police when detecting a crime or facing a dangerous situation while traveling around Vietnam.
5 - Police Department of Fire Prevention and Fighting and Rescue
This force of Vietnamese police has the function of fire prevention and fighting the fire according to the Law on Fire Prevention and Fighting; implement and guide the fire prevention and fighting police to carry out professional measures of fire prevention, fighting, and rescuing according to the regulations of the State and the Minister of Public Security.
- Address: No.01 Vu Huu Street, Thanh Xuan Bac Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi
- Telephone number: +84 243 825 4659
- Hotline: 114
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vietnam police uniform: Firefighters wear an orange uniform, and police rescue uniforms are dark charcoal blue.
6 - Vietnamese police: Department of Marine Police
This force performs the management function of security, order, and safety; ensures the observance of Vietnamese laws and relevant international treaties to which Vietnam is a signatory. This unit of police in Vietnam also plays a crucial role in the development of the marine economy. The uniform of marine police officers is principally characterized by the color of light sea blue combined with a dark blue cloth cap.
- Address: No.825 Thang Long Avenue, Tay Mo Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi
- Website: canhsatbien.vn/
- Telephone number: +84 246 956 7227
- Hotline: +84 69 55 3189 or +84 69 56 7214
The article “Vietnamese police” above provides you with general information about the Vietnamese People’s public security force, which can help you in necessary situations.