Visiting Hoi An, you can not only visit the beautiful scenery but also have the opportunity to enjoy many different delicious dishes in the best place to eat in Hoi An Vietnam. Perhaps because of that, Hoi An is always an interesting place to explore and experience.
I - Top best places to eat in Hoi An, Vietnam
For first-time visitors to Hoi An ancient town, this list of the highly recommended places to eat in and the best things to enjoy will be the best companion of your experiencing journey.
1 - Miss Ly Cafeteria - best place to eat in Hoi An for dessert & coffee
Ms Ly Coffee (Source: Vietnam-guide)
This is a nice & cozy place in Hoi An to enjoy some snacks, desserts, and drinks. Opening for more than 20 years, Miss Ly is well-known as a family-run restaurant serving almost all local specialties from noodle dishes, rice to smoothies and coffee at an affordable price range.
- Address: No.22 Nguyen Hue street, Hoi An city
- Price: 50,000 - 110,000 VND / person ($2.2 - 4.8)
The signature dish of this restaurant is “Bun Dau Mam Tom” (vermicelli served with fried tofu, boiled pork, fried pork loaf and shrimp paste) - a northern Vietnam’s specialty.
- Address: No.112 Dao Huy Tu street, Cam Pho ward, Hoi An city
- Price: 10,000 - 60,000 VND / person ($0.43 - 2.6)
3 - Street food vendors & stalls
Finding the best place to eat in Hoi An ancient town does not matter. Going for a walk and enjoying the special dishes of Hoi An such as herbal tea, Buoi chicken rice or Cao Lau is a good idea.
- Buoi chicken rice at No.22 Phan Chu Trinh street, Hoi An city
- Mrs. Be's Cao Lau at the entrance of Hoi An market
4 - Ancient Faifo - one of the top places to eat in Hoi An
Every detail from the decoration to the space of the restaurant is highly considered by the restaurant. It is this thing that has brought a good impression and a comfortable feeling in the hearts of customers when they visit the restaurant.
- Address: No.66 Nguyen Thai Hoc street, Hoi An city.
- Price: 25,000 - 55,000 VND / person ($1.1 - 2.4).
5 - Hoi An market - cheap place to eat in Hoian
Hoi An Market (Source: Vietnammoi)
This is a place where tourists can enjoy Quang Noodles, Rose Cakes, Bread with Pate, fresh fruits or typical Vietnamese seasoning and spices can be found here. Moreover, each dish or shop here has public fixed prices, so it is suitable for tourists to decide what should be on your list.
- Address: No.19 Tran Phu street, Cam Chau ward, Hoi An city
- Opening hours: 6:00 - 22:00
6 - Nhan’s Kitchen
Nhan’s Kitchen (Source: Tripadvisor)
If you are wondering where to eat in Hoi An old town? This restaurant is a great idea. The space has a nostalgic style in the 70s and 80s, but the food is really rich and diverse. The restaurant serves a full range of European - Asian dishes without losing the unique flavor of each dish.
- Address: No.167 Tran Nhan Tong street, Hoi An city
- Price: from 70,000 VND / dish ($3.04)
II - Other best place to eat in Hoi An old town
Coming to an ancient and poetic Hoi An, tourists will feel lost in the culinary paradise with a long list of delicious Hoi An specialties, imbued with the bold style and taste of the rustic people here such as bread, Cao Lau, cafe or chicken rice, etc.
1 - Cao Lau
Cao lau (Source: Bao Binh)
Cao Lau is a famous noodle dish in Hoi An - Quang Nam. This dish consists of yellow rice noodles, shrimp, pork, fresh vegetables and very little broth.
- Address: No.26 Thai Phien street, Hoi An city
- Price: 15,000 - 33,000 VND / bowl ($0.65 - 1.43).
2 - Best place to eat in Hoi An to enjoy Quang noodle
Quang noodle is a famous noodle dish originating from Da Nang and Quang Nam province. The soft yellow noodles are covered with a rich topping layer of pork or snakehead fish, chicken, shrimp, boiled quail eggs, rich broth, combined with roasted peanuts, green onions, chili, and herbs to form an extremely attractive dish in both colors and flavor.
Quang Ong Hai noodle - one of the cheap places to eat in Hoi An for a savory Quang noodle soup:
- Address: No.6A Truong Minh Luong street, Hoi An city
- Price: 15,000 - 40,000 VND / bowl ($0.65 - 1.73).
3 - Chicken Rice
Chicken rice is a specialty of Hoi An food that you should not miss. The firm chicken combined with special yellow & fragrant rice grains, some pickles make this simple dish has an incredible flavor and taste.
Chicken Rice (Source: Delightfulplate)
Com Ga Xi Hoi An is one of the best restaurants in Hoian Vietnam to enjoy this dish.
- Address: No.47/2 Tran Hung Dao street, Hoi An city
- Price: 20,000 - 50,000 VND / serving ($0.86 - 2.2).
- Opening hours: 9:00 - 22:30
4 - Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
Banh Xeo Song Hoai - Mrs. Anh Restaurant is the best place to eat in Hoi An for those who love Vietnamese banh xeo.
- Address: No.18 Thang Tam street, Hoi An city
- Price: 10,000 - 30,000 VND / person ($0.43 - 1.3).
5 - Banh Mi (Hoi An bread)
When you browse the internet with the keyword "Best banh mi in Vietnam", the result is Quan Banh my Phuong - is one of the best places to eat in Hoi An Ancient Town,
- Address: No.2B Phan Chu Trinh street, Hoi An city
- Price: about 30,000 VND / person ($1.3).
Hopefully, from the list of those restaurants & places, you can easily find the best places to eat in Hoi An Vietnam.