Hanoi, situated on the banks of the Red River, is Vietnam’s ancient capital which has well-preserved colonial buildings, ancient pagodas, and unique museums in the city center. Hanoi is renowned for its vibrant nightlife with delectable specialties and multicultural community, which attract many visitors to come here to explore its beauty. If you want to get to Hanoi from Hue, with a distance of about 670km, there are several ways which can be considered: by train, plane, and by bus.
I - How to take a flight from Hue to Hanoi?
The good news is that there are international airports in both Hue and Hanoi.
Airport in Hue: Phu Bai International Airport
- Address: Zone 8, Phu Bai Ward, Huong Thuy District, Thua Thien Hue Province - 13 km from Hue City Center
- Tel: (0234) 3861 646 or (0234) 3861 131
- IATA code: HUI
- Website: https://vietnamairport.vn/phubaiairport
Airport in Hanoi: Noi Bai International Airport
- Address: Phu Minh Commune, Soc Son District, Hanoi, 30 km away from Hanoi’s center.
- Tel: +84 24 3886 5047
- IATA code: HAN
- Website: https://vietnamairport.vn/noibaiairport
With a distance of 669km between two airports, traveling by plane takes about 1 hour 15 minute
Ticket price ranges from 199,000 to 900,000 VND/ ticket ($8.8 - 40)
II - Taking an overnight train from Hue to Hanoi
The trains depart from Hue Railway Station and arrive at Hanoi Railway Station
- Address of Hue Railway Station: No.01 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Hue city
- Address of Hanoi Railway Station: No.120 Le Duan Street, Cua Nam Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Distance: 665 km
- Duration: about 14 hours 24 minutes
- Every day, there are at least 6 trips: SE8, SE6, SE12, SE4, SE20, SE10, SE2, SE18, and SE12 with different time ranges.
- Price: from 253,000 - 925,000 VND/ ticket ($11 - 40.7)
- Website for booking: https://dsvn.vn
III - Travelling by sleeper bus from Hue to Hanoi
Traveling by sleeper bus is not a bad idea. You can consider the following buses:
An Phu - Hanoi Bus
- Pick-up point: Nguyen Tri Phuong Street, Phu Hoi Ward, Hue City
- Drop-off point: Yen Phu Ward, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Price: 250.000 VND/ ticket ($11)
- Tel: 0243 927 3967 or 0243 927 3584
- Pick-up point: No.28 Chu Van An Street, Phu Hoi Ward, Hue City
- Drop-off point: No.20 Pham Hung Street, My Dinh Ward, Tu Liem District, Hanoi
- Price: 260,000 VND/ ticket ($11.4)
- Tel: 0283 920 56 79/ 0283 837 6429 or 0905 395 368
DANATRANCO Bus - popular bus from Hue to Hanoi
- Pick-up point: No.97A An Duong Vuong Street, An Dong Ward, Hue City
- Drop-off point: Km6 Giai Phong Street, Bach Khoa Ward, Hoang Mai District, Hanoi
- Price: 360,000 VND/ ticket ($15.84)
- Tel: 0236 366 3616
Camel Travel Bus
- Pick-up point: Chu Van An Street, Phu Hoi Ward, Hue City
- Drop-off point: No.459 Tran Khat Chan Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
- Price: 250,000 VND/ ticket ($11)
- Tel: 0436 250 659 or 0436 250 7390
- Website: http://cameltravel.vn/
Above are the suggestions on how to travel from Hue to Hanoi. Depending on your requirements and what you’d like to experience, you can choose the most suitable means of transport. Traveling by plane is fast and safe, by train is a great experience while sleeper buses are suitable for budget-minded travelers.