The distance from Hue to Danang city is about 100km which is relatively close. Depending on which vehicle you choose, it will take an average of 2 and a half hours to travel. Currently, there are many means of transportation for you to choose from such as train, bus, motorbike, or taxi.
Traveling by train from Hue to Danang
Traveling by train in Vietnam is an amazing journey - Source: Kenh14
- Pick-up point: Hue train station - No.2 Bui Thi Xuan street, Duc ward, Hue city
- Drop-off point: Danang train station - No.791 Hai Phong street, Tam Thuan ward, Thanh Khe district, Danang city
- Traveling time: 2 hours
- Departure time: 6:45am, 9:35am, 4:10pm, 7:55pm, 10:50pm
- Ticket price: 70,000 - 140,000 VND/ ticket ($3 - 6). Because of the short distance, you are advised to buy a soft, air-conditioned seat ticket for more budget saving.
To book a Hue to Danang train ticket, you have 3 options
- Option 1: Direct booking at Hue train station. Contact 0234 3822 175 in case you are in need.
- Option 2: Book online through the website of the Vietnam Railway Administration: https://dsvn.vn
- Option 3: Asking your hotel receptionist for help
On the way to Danang train station, you can catch a panoramic view of Hai Van pass, Lap An lagoon, Lang Co beach, Lang Co fishing village, Bach Ma national park, and so on.
Note: In the upcoming time, the project to put a system of steam engines into service is soon to be accomplished. This equipment has a capacity of 900 horsepower, sufficient to pull 5 carriages over Hai Van pass.
Traveling by bus from Hue to Danang
Traveling by bus - Source: Church of the King
Traveling by bus is an economical choice, despite a longer traveling time. It normally takes from 2 to 3 hours for a trip and costs about 80,000 - 150,000 VND/ person ($3.4 - 6.4). Some of the outstanding names that you can refer to:
The Sinh Tourist (Sinh Cafe)
- Pick up point: No.12 Hung Vuong street, Hue city
- Drop off point: No.154 Bach Dang street, Hai Chau district, Danang city
- Departure time: 8:30am
- Ticket price: 90,000 VND/ ticket ($3.9)
- Type of vehicle: sleeper bus
KT Travel - a popular bus from Hue to Danang city
- Pick up point: No.86 Le Loi Street, Hue City
- Drop off point: No.24, 3 Thang 2 street, Hai Chau district, Danang city
- Departure time: 8am, 1pm
- Ticket price: 90,000 VND/ ticket ($3.9)
- Type of vehicle: bus without bed
- Pick up point: free pick-up within 5-7 km from No.20 Duong An street in Hue city
- Drop off point: No.445 Hai Phong street, Danang city.
- Departure time: 6:30am - 6pm
- Ticket price: 140,000 VND/ ticket ($6)
- Type of transportation: 9-seat VIP limousine
Riding a motorbike from Hue to Danang
How to get from Hue to Danang by motorbike? - Source: Blaz Erzetic
For backpackers, traveling by motorbike is the most suitable choice. Depending on the route you choose, it takes about 4 to 5 hours. There are 2 routes that you can choose
Route 1: riding a motorbike through Hai Van Pass
Hai Van Pass is named as “The most majestic” with hundred-year history and poetic scenery, which is the harmonious combination of a deep blue sea, stretching white dunes, a sea of white clouds above, the stunning Lap An lagoon, and peaceful fishing villages in Lang Co bay, etc. Therefore, it is worth traveling by motorbike from Hue to Danang through this picturesque pass to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and admire the panoramic view, which is absolutely an exhilarating experience in your life.
Safety warning: when traveling by motorbike through Hai Van pass, you will have to go through poor bends on sleeves which is quite dangerous. Therefore, to have a safe ride, you need to concentrate, carefully drive, check the weather and the motorbike carefully before going and remember to prepare a raincoat in case of rain and wind.
Route 2: riding a motorbike through Hai Van tunnel from Hue to Danang
The route through the Hai Van tunnel is much easier, there are no bends like route 1. Your motorbike will be transferred by truck of the Hai Van tunnel management board transferring service, while you go through the tunnel by their bus.
- The total transfering fee for vehicle and person: about 40,000 VND/turn ($1.72)
- Operation time: 6am - 10pm
Taking a taxi from Hue to Danang
Traveling by taxi costs about 1,000,000 - 1,800,000 VND/ 4-seater car ($43.1 - 77.5). You can refer to some taxi companies in Hue such as:
- Thanh Cong taxi: 0234 357 5757 - 0234 657 5757
- Mai Linh taxi: 0234 389 8989 - 0234 382 4747
- Thua Thien Hue taxi: 0234 381 8181
- Dong Ba taxi: 0234 384 8484
- Huong Giang taxi: 0234 378 7878
Travel from Hue to Danang by car
Below are suggested top travel agencies for renting a private car with driver for your trip:
- Address: No.93 Nguyen Minh Khai street, Hoi An city
- Price: from 1,260,000 / way ($55)
- Contact: 0919 591 234
Explore Viet Nam:
- Address: No.7 Doi Cung street, Hue city
- Price: from $55/ way
- Contact: 08468 304 90 - 0917 126 661
- Address: No.54 Bach Dang street, Hue city
- Price: 1,200,000 - 1,690,000 VND / way ($52 - 75)
- Contact: 0934 899 900
With a distance of about 100km, there are a myriad of ways for you to travel from Hue to Danang city such as by train, bus, motorbike, taxi or private car, each of which has its own advantages, which definitely provides you with fantastic trips and unforgettable memories.