- Tourists should buy souvenirs in stores that already have the listed prices instead of buying in street vendors, as they tend to overcharge the items..
- Please consider the stores before deciding to buy. In fact, most stores in a given area offer the same items, but if you find a price higher in the first store than you referenced, try another store nearby, maybe the items will be better priced.
- Bargaining often occurs in Vietnam. You need to know the estimated price of the product first and then suggest a more suitable price for the seller. One tip for you when you bargain is that you should not bargain in the early morning.
- Most local Vietnamese stores only accept VND, so make sure you have Vietnamese currency available for your transaction.
I - Traditional Vietnamese souvenirs
1 - Ao Dai (Long dress in Vietnam)
- The Peony Ao Dai:
- Hoa Po Lang Ao Dai:
- Thanh Mai Ao Dai:
- Bebe Tailor Hoi An:
- Imperial Maid Aodai (Cung Nu):
2 - Conical hat
- Chuong Village:
- Hue conical hats in Hanoi:
3 - Silk products
- Van Phuc Silk Village - Ha Dong (Hanoi city): The village is over a thousand years old, with many shops selling a lot of silk fabrics and silk products.
- Nha Xa Silk Village (Ha Nam province): The craft village is estimated to have been formed in the late 13th and early 14th century in Vietnam. There are outstanding silk products here such as: Nha Xa silk, Nha Xa flower-patterned silk, linen, etc.
- Tan Chau (An Giang province): Tan Chau craft village was born in the early 20th century with the production of silk sheets with many colors such as pink, purple, blue,...
4 - Folk paintings
- Dong Ho folk paintings in Bac Ninh: born in the early 17th century, the line of paintings reflects the most ordinary things in life as well as social relationships in rural North Vietnam. Some famous paintings are: Coconut Picking, Jealousy, Rat's wedding, Richness, etc.
- Hang Trong paintings in Hanoi: This line of paintings is mainly about worship. Some famous paintings: Five tigers, Market in the countryside, Guanyin,...
- Pictures of Sinh village in Hue: The line of painting mainly serves the religious needs of the people.
- Calligraphy (known as the art of beautiful handwriting): Calligraphy not only shows the beautiful handwriting, but also sends the intentions and sentiments of the artist. This famous souvenir in Vietnam is often abundant at the end of the year, Tet holidays in Vietnam, etc., and usually in spiritual places such as temples and shrines. Vietnamese people often please calligraphy on New Year's Eve for their wish. Families with children who are preparing for an exam please calligraphy with a hope that their children will take a smooth exam.
5 - Lacquer paintings
II - Vietnam war souvenirs for sale
III - Nuts and fruit cakes
1 - Coffee
2 - Pepper
This souvenir of Vietnam is a spice used fresh or dried, also a valuable folk medicine in Vietnam. Some places famous for pepper in Vietnam are Phu Quoc Pepper Garden in Phu Quoc island, Central Highlands,...
3 - Salted dry apricot
Salted dry apricot are products processed from fruits such as apricots, plums, dracontomelon, and star fruit. They are marinated, dried, fried, dried in the sun, then combined with sugar, salt, ginger, etc., to create an attractive dish with many flavors and is also a tonic in medicine. Some famous apricot brands include O mai Hong Lam, O mai Van Loi, O Mai Ba Thu,...
4 - Coconut candy
This is a specialty candy made from malt sugar and coconut rice. In Vietnam, coconut candy is a specialty of Ben Tre province, a place of immense coconut palms. Some famous brands of delicious coconut candy in Vietnam are Hong Van coconut candy, Yen Huong coconut candy, etc.
5 - Cashew
Cashew nuts are rich in nutrition and are classified as healthy foods. Cashew nuts can be processed in various ways. They can be roasted by firewood, roasted in salt or marinated in butter, dried, etc. There are many well-known regions in Vietnam where cashew nuts are grown such as the Central Highlands, Southeast or South Central Coast,...
4 - Nuggets
Nuggets are made from sticky rice that is roasted and sifted until all the rice husks are gone. Some famous places selling this speciality are Vong Village Green Rice in Hanoi, Thanh Huong Green Rice in Thai Binh province, Phan Thiet Green Rice in Binh Thuan province,...
Souvenirs in Vietnam are diversified and bear a strong national cultural identity. At the end of the trip, you can buy one or a few souvenirs that were mentioned above so that whenever looking at them, you will miss Vietnam - an S-shaped country in Southeast Asia.