Nha Trang weather is characterized by the tropical savanna climate & is influenced by ocean climate. Therefore, the climate here is relatively mild all year round. There are two seasons: dry season (from January to August) & rainy season (from September to December). July and August are the hottest months.
Nha Trang beach - Source: Dac Duy
The average annual temperature in Nha Trang Vietnam is 26.3°C and the average humidity is about 79.5%. The rainfall is about 1025mm. Despite being located in the most storming-influenced area of Vietnam, Nha Trang is rarely affected by strong storms. The best time to visit Nha Trang is from December to May.
I - Nha Trang weather in the dry season
The dry season in Nha Trang lasts from January to August. The maximum amount of rainfall is 70mm (in May). The temperature in the dry season is not very high (the highest temperature is 28.6°C in June). In general, the dry season is the nicest time to visit Nha Trang beaches and other famous cultural sites.
Weather in January
- Temperature: 23.9°C
- Rainfall: 38mm
- Highlight: January is the Tet Lunar new year preparation time. You can enjoy the bustling and cheerful atmosphere everywhere. However, international tourists should plan to book flight tickets, accommodation, and other services in advance for good prices and nice options.
Nha Trang weather in February
- Temperature: 24.5°C
- Rainfall: 16mm
- Highlight: Early February is often the time of Tet Lunar New Year, some kinds of public services or commercial services are closed for some days. Travel expenses may increase a bit.
- Temperature: 25.7°C
- Rainfall: 31mm
- Highlight: Weather in March is the time for some small local festivals in Nha Trang.
Nha Trang in April
- Temperature: 27.3°C
- Rainfall: 35mm
- Highlight: There are some big festivals in April: Hung Kings Temple festival, Ponagar Tower festival, Am Chua festival, and National Reunification celebration (30/4).
- Temperature: 28.4°C
- Rainfall: 70mm
Weather in Nha Trang in June
- Temperature: 28.6°C
- Rainfall: 59mm
- Highlight: Hoa Qua Son festival (Flower-Fruit Mountain festival) takes place on Monkey Island.
Weather in July
- Rainfall: 36mm
- Highlight: Festival Cruise from 11th to 15th July
August in Nha Trang
- Temperature: 28.4°C
- Rainfall: 50mm
II - Nha Trang weather conditions in the rainy season
Rainy season in Nha Trang - Source: Internet
The rainy season in Nha Trang often lasts from September to December. The rainfall in the rainy season accounts for 80% of the total rainfall all year round. Your vacation in Nha Trang at this time may be affected by sudden and long-lasting rain. A raincoat or umbrella are things to pack when hanging out.
Weather in September
- Temperature: 27.6°C
- Rainfall: 159mm
- Highlight: It is the time of the Vietnamese Mid-Autumn festival. You have the chance to see a colorful space, enjoy Vietnamese moon cake, watch lion dance,...
Weather in October
- Temperature: 26.6°C
- Rainfall: 302mm
- Highlight: The highest amount of rain accounting for 25% of the total annual rainfall is in October.
Nha Trang weather in November
- Temperature: 25.6°C
- Rainfall: 332mm
- Highlight: There is less rain than in October. November is also the beginning of the peak tourist season for international tourists.
- Temperature: 24.4°C
- Rainfall: 153mm
- Highlight: December is the end of the rainy season. There is less rain and it becomes drier - a great time for outdoor activities.That’s the information about Vietnam's Nha Trang weather all year round. We do hope that the information is helpful to you when planning to travel to Nha Trang.