I - When was Nha Trang airport built?
This airport was originally built by the US military when directly involved in the Vietnam war. After the signing of the Paris Agreement in 1973, based on the law "the US withdrew its military bases from Vietnam and did not interfere in the internal affairs of South Vietnam", the Nha Trang airport was transferred to the Republic of Vietnam government of President Nguyen Van Thieu.
Source: Tony Pham
In 2004, the airport welcomed the first civil flight, opening the replacement time for the old airport which was no longer used because its location was too close to a residential area. In 2007, Cam Ranh officially became the third international airport of the Central region of Vietnam, after Da Nang International Airport and Phu Bai International Airport (Hue).
Nha Trang airport code:
- IATA code: CXR
- ICAO code: VVCR
- Head office: Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city, Khanh Hoa province
- Phone: (84.258) 398 9956 - Fax (84.258) 398 9908
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
II - Where is Nha Trang airport located?
Nha Trang beach - Source: Bich La
- Location: Nguyen Tat Thanh street, Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city, Khanh Hoa province - about 35 km from Nha Trang city
- Runways: Cam Ranh airport has two runways for taking off and landing. The first one has a length of 3,048m and a width of 45m. The second road will be put into operation in 2019 after 5 years of construction, with a length of 3,048m, the width of 45m, meeting grade 4E standards.
From the airport, you can visit lots of tourist attractions such as Po Nagar Tower (40km away), the Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography (35km away); Long Son Pagoda (25km away), and Bai Dai beach (2km away)
III - Nha Trang airport services
Airport taxi service - Source: Thegioivisa)
The airport is equipped with a free wifi internet system with high speed, passengers can access the internet comfortably while waiting for the flight. Passengers click “MegaNet Free” to get free access to the internet.
Passengers, staff, if feeling unwell or require medical assistance at Cam Ranh international airport, please come or contact the medical clinic located in the lobby area (Domestic check-in area).
- Location: Lobby area (Domestic check-in area)
- Working hours: 24/7
- Hotline: (0258) 3989956
Nha Trang airport sim card service:
Sim card services are always available at the Travelmart sim counter at the airport. In order to get the best and most suitable sim-card service.
Free drinking water:
Domestic and international terminals are equipped with free hot and cold drinking water service, operating 24/7 at the following locations:
- Domestic terminals: at gate 03 station isolation area
- International terminals: at gate 06 station isolation area
Nha Trang airport food:
- Big Bowl restaurant is located at the check-in area of T2 terminal - Vietnamese food.
- Burger King fast-food restaurant is located on the 2nd floor
- Espresso to go is located on the 2nd floor
- Cias Vietnamese Fast Food & Drinks: located at T2 international terminal.
Nha Trang airport lounge:
The VIP lounge is available at the airport where passengers can take a rest and experience some great services including food service with an Asian & Western buffet, working space, shower room, etc.
For more details, you can access the website http://www.camranh.aero/vip-lounge.
IV - Nha Trang airport: airlines and flight routes
1 - Airlines
- Domestic airlines: Vietnam Airlines; Jetstar Pacific Airlines; Vietjet Air, and Bamboo Airways
- International airlines: Korean Air, Azur Air, Air Asia, Capital Airlines, Nordwind Airlines, Hong Kong Express, Loong Air
2 - Flight routes
For more information about Cam Ranh airport departures & arrivals, flights status, flight schedule, please visit the official website of the airport.
- Domestic flights to & from: Ho Chi Minh City; Vinh; Da Nang; Thanh Hoa; Hai Phong; Hanoi.
- International flights to & from: Malaysia; Hong Kong; China; Korea; Russia.
V - Nha Trang airport transportation & transfer
1 - How to get to the airport?
Airport pick-up service - Source: Victor Xok
From the center of Nha Trang city, you can get to the airport by taxi, bus, shuttle bus, or private car.
CIAS shuttle bus:
- Shuttle bus rental fee: 450,000 VND/16-seater car or 800,000 VND/29-seater car
- Contact: 086 884 3456 or https://cias.vn
Dat Moi bus:
- Nha Trang airport bus route: No.10 Yersin, No.10 Tran Hung Dao, No.1 Tran Quang Khai, Tran Phu Street, No.14 Hoang Dieu, T-junction Phuoc Loc, Bai Dai beach, and airport.
- Bus ticket price: $2.6
- Bus schedule: 30 minutes/trip
- Dat Moi Nha Trang airport bus timetable: 4:30am - 8pm
- Contact: 0258 6254 455 - Email: email@example.com
Note: You can book limousine service & private car from this bus company
Travel time: about 30 - 40 minutes
Taxi cost: 350,000 - 400,000 VND/way ($14 - 17).
Some taxi brands in Nha Trang:
- Mai Linh taxi: 0258 38 38 38 38
- Vinasun taxi: 0258 827 27 27
- International taxi: 0258 352 52 52
- Sun Taxi taxi: 0258 3898 989
- Asia taxi: 0258 3535 3535
2 - Transfer from Nha Trang airport to city center
From the airport, you can travel to Nha Trang city by bus or taxi. Taking a taxi is the best way to get to the hotels & beach areas. Some luxury hotels and resorts may offer private cars and free pick-up services.
- Shuttle bus from Nha Trang airport to city:
+ The airlines offer pick-up & transfer service from the airport to the city center with a price of about 60,000 VND / way.
+ Pick-up: Cam Ranh airport bus station
+ Drop-off: city center
Note: You can book an airport bus service from Dat Moi bus company at the same price. The bus route: Airport bus station - No.10 Yersin in Nha Trang city.
- Taxi from airport to city:
Nha Trang airport to city taxi price: about 250,000 VND/way ($11)
Traveling time: 30 - 40 minutes
Some taxi brands:
+ Mai Linh taxi: 0258 38 38 38 38
+ Vinasun taxi: 0258 827 27 27
+ International taxi: 0258 352 52 52
+ Sun Taxi taxi: 0258 3898 989
+ Asia taxi: 0258 3535 3535
VI - Some Nha Trang airport hotels
1 - Long Ho homestay
Address: Nguyen Chi Thanh street, Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city (3km from Cam Ranh Airport)
Phone number: 093 691 56 73
Room rate: 450,000 VND/night
Address: No.2A Nguyen Chi Thanh street, Cam Nghia ward, Cam Ranh city
Phone number: 0258 6259 988
Room rate: 550,000 VND/night
VI - Lookup Nha Trang airport map
It’s Cam Ranh Nha Trang airport information. Have a safe flight to Nha Trang and have a memorable trip.