I - An overview of Vietnam Airlines
- Trading name: Vietnam Airlines (VNA)
- Year of establishment: 1993, launch of logo - Golden Lotus in 2002.
- Management's Responsibility: Vietnam Airlines Corporation - Joint Stock Company
- Headquarter address: No. 20, Nguyen Son Street, Long Bien District, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Contact via:
Hotline: (+84) 1900 1100 / +84 24 38 320 320
Official website: vietnamairlines.com
As of January 30, 2019, Vietnam Airline occupied up to 33,3% of market share of the Vietnamese aviation market. With the vision of being the main carrier of the country, Vietnam Airline always tries to provide diverse, professional and friendly services to meet the needs of every customer. The market of Vietnam Airlines covers all customer segments; however, Vietnam Airlines focuses on the middle-income and high-income customers to provide the mid-range and top-range 4-star Skytrax aviation services. Vietnam Airlines day by day improves and upgrades services’ quality towards 5-star aviation standard, Top 3 largest scale within Southeast Asia as well as Top 10 most favorite aviation of Asia.
Vietnam Airlines alliance and partners: Partner in the SkyTeam alliance; France Air France; Czech Republic Czech Airlines; Italian Alitalia; Korean Korean Air; Netherlands KLM Royal Dutch Airlines; United States Delta Air Lines; Spain Air Europa; Kenya Kenya Airways; Taiwan China Airlines; China China Eastern Airlines; Indonesia Garuda Indonesia
Other partners: Japan ANA - All Nippon Airways; India Jet Airways; Hong Kong Cathay Pacific; Australia Qantas Airways; Philippines Philippine Airlines; Finnair Finland; Lao Lao Airlines; Cambodia Cambodia Angkor Air; United Arab Emirates Etihad Airways; Vietnam Pacific Airlines; France SNCF (railway); Vietnam VASCO
II - Vietnam Airlines fleet information
|Airplane||Number of airplanes||Number of seats|
|Airbus A321 - 200||50||184 - 178 - 203|
|Airbus A321 NEO||20||203|
|Airbus A350 - 900||14||305|
|ATR 72 - 500||1||68|
|Boeing 787-9||11||311 - 274|
Boeing 787-10 is the most high-tech and large-capacity aircraft that VNA owns. It is also the second largest aeroplane in Southeast Asia. Airbus A350-900 is also another noticeable aircraft which stands in the Top best plane in Asia-Pacific region. The high quality fleet ensures that the VNA will always provide the best flight services with three main seats’ classification including Business Class, Premium Economy Class and Economy Class.
According to the official website of Vietnam Airlines, VNA spirit “In the period of 2021-2025, Vietnam Airlines will continue to promote the flight services, expand VNA’s customers' segment to the low-cost one, as well as continue to work on and convert the configuration of seventeen A321 aircrafts to maximize their potential. Additionally, VNA also has the plan to cooperate with Japan Airlines to fully exploit the domestic route.
III - Vietnam Airlines operated routes
Domestic flight routes: As one of the earliest founded aviation within the country, Vietnam Airlines recently has all of the routes corresponding to the airports’ system within Vietnam. Some main routes: departure from Hanoi (Noi Bai International Airport); departure from Ho Chi Minh city (Tan Son Nhat International Airport); departure from Da Nang (Danang International Airport); departure from Hue (Phu Bai International Airport); departing from Phu Quoc (Phu Quoc International Airport), and so on.
International flight routes: VNA now provides this interactive list of international routes: Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta); Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket); China (Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Hangzhou Nanjing, Nanning, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Zhengzhou); Korea (Busan, Muan, Seoul); Taiwan (Kaohsiung, Taichung, Taipei); Germany (Frankfurt); Japan (Fukuoka, Nagoya, Osaka, Tokyo); Hong Kong; Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur); United Kingdom (London); United States (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle); Laos (Luang Prabang, Vientiane); Macau; Australia (Melbourne, Sydney); Cambodia (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap); Singapore; Canada (Vancouver); Myanmar (Yangon)
IV - Other customer services
1 - Vietnam Airlines Flight statusAs mentioned before, VNA has three kinds of tickets
- Business Class: The seat of this class is 1.5 times larger than the Economy Class. Customers are served high-class meals, snacks, wine or champagne, and so on. The policy of ticket change and refund policy is also more flexible than other classes.
- Premium Economy Class: Passengers will be served drinks and snacks on the flight. For special requests, customers must inform the VNA 24 hours before departure time. The policy of ticket change and refund depends on the specific conditions and time.
- Economy Class: Of all three types of tickets, Economy Class provides passengers the most affordable price. However, there is no (free) policy of ticket change and refund.
2 - Vietnam Airlines Online check in procedureCurrently, online check-in only applies to some airports that operate VNA’s flights such as:
- Cam Ranh International Airport - Nha Trang
- Da Nang International Airport - Danang
- Noi Bai International Airport - Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport - Ho Chi Minh City
- Van Don International Airport - Quang Ninh
Vietnam airlines flights to southeast Asia:
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport - Bangkok
- Soekarno - Hatta International Airport - Jakarta
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport - Kuala Lumpur
- Luang Prabang International Airport - Luang Prabang
- Phnom Penh International Airport - Phnom Penh
- Siem Reap International Airport - Siem Reap
- Singapore Changi International Airport - Singapore
- Wattay International Airport - Vientiane
- Yangon International Airport - Yangon
Vietnam airlines flights to northeast Asia
- Beijing International Airport - Beijing
- Gimhae International Airport - Busan
- Kaohsiung International Airport - Taiwan
- Taoyuan International Airport - Taiwan
- Fukuoka International Airport - Fukuoka
- Hongkong International Airport - Hongkong
- Chubu International Airport - Nagoya
- Kansai International Airport - Osaka
- Guangzhou International Airport - Guangzhou
- Incheon Airport - Seoul
- Chengdu Airport - Chengdu
- Haneda International Airport - Tokyo
- Narita International Airport - Tokyo
- Pudong International Airport - Shanghai
Flights to Europe:
- Frankfurt - Frankfurt International Airport
- London Heathrow International Airport - London
- Domodedovo International Airport - Moscow
3 - Vietnam airlines refund policy and ticket change feeThis table provides the regulations and fee applicable to refund and exchange tickets for each class of Vietnam Airlines.
|Business Class||Free||- 300.000 VND/per ticket ~ 13$
- 600.000 VND/per ticket ~ 26$ (Lunar New Year)
|Premium Economy Class||Free||300.000 - 600.000 VND/per ticket ($13- $26)|
|Economy Class||300.000 - 600.000 VND/ per ticket ($13- $26)||300.000 - 600.000 VND/per ticket ($13- $26)|
4 - Vietnam Airlines baggage informationThe following table provides passengers the information on baggage allowance:
|Class of service||Hand baggage||Checked baggage|
|Premium Economy||≤ 18kg||23kg|
Not only serving the travel needs of tourists, Vietnam Airlines also plays the role as a pioneer gradually developing and branding the wonderful Vietnamese image all over the world. Moreover, VNA also has various meaningful activities and champagnes that are greatly welcomed. One of the most noticeable activities is organizing many flights to bring Vietnamese nationals stranded abroad due to COVID-19 back to the countries.
For further information includes ticket price, online booking ticket, flight attendants, schedule, reservation code, pet policy, etc you can access the official website of Vietnam Airlines here.