The Vietnamese embassy in Bangkok is the country's diplomatic representation in Thailand, built after diplomatic relations between the two countries were established on August 6, 1976. Not only promoting the country’s image and cultural exchanges, but the Embassy also performs the task of supporting Vietnamese citizens in Thailand and handling necessary procedures or documents. Below is detailed information about services at the Embassy of Vietnam in Thailand and how to contact them.
I - Services at the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok for Thailand tourists
1 - Visa at the embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok
Vietnam’s tourist visa - Source: visatop.vn
Foreigners who intend to enter and exit Vietnam need to apply for a visa, except for cases of visa exemption.
A dossier of application for a visa includes
- Original passport (valid for at least 6 month from the time of visa expiration).
- Visa application form (filled all required fields).
- Recently taken photo (size 4x6cm).
- Vietnam embassy Bangkok visa fee (paid in baht).
Applying process at the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok
- Directly submit your visa application at the embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok together with a processing fee.
- The process takes 4 working days or more from the date the Embassy receives valid documents.
- In case of emergency, fill out a visa application form and send it with a passport copy to Fax +662650 7825 or to Email email@example.com. Contact by phone with the Consular Department (+66 2650 8979) for instructions.
- Holders of diplomatic and official passports who apply for a Vietnam visa should contact the Consular Department of Vietnam Embassy Bangkok by phone or email for instructions before submitting the application.
Visa fees at the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok
- One-entry visa: $25 / item
- Multi-entry visa: 3 months: $50 / item; 3 - 6 months: $95 / item; 6 months - 1 year: $135 / item; 1 - 2 years: $145 / item; 2 - 5 years: $155 / item
- Visa for children under 14 years old (indefinite): $25 / item
- Transfer valid visa from old to new passport: $5 / item
Note when applying for a visa at the embassy of Vietnam in Thailand
- Fee must be paid in baht.
- You can check the status of your application by mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and date of birth, application number and mailing date (if submitted by post).
- After receiving the visa, you should double-check the following information: entry and exit dates, passport number and number of entries. When detecting any errors, you need to notify the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok within a maximum of 5 days for adjustment.
- Children under 14 years old when applying for a visa need to have proof that their parent, guardian or authorized person is accompanying them. Therefore, the following additional documents are required: Birth certificate of the child (photocopy and original or notarized copy); A photocopy of the first page of the passport of the accompanying parent; Original Power of Attorney notarized and translated at the local government (if guardian or authorized person is accompanying).
2 - Visa exemption at the embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok
People applying for visa exemption
- Vietnamese residing abroad.
- Foreign spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens.
Types of visa exemptions
- Sticker type: The visa exemption is glued to the foreign passports of Vietnamese residing abroad and foreigners who want to travel to Vietnam.
- Notebook type: Visa exemption for Vietnamese residing abroad who only have permanent residence certificates issued by foreign countries, or passport holders of countries and territories which Vietnam has no diplomatic relations with.
Submit a dossier of application for a visa exemption to the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok:
- Visa exemption application form (filled all required fields).
- 2 recently taken color photos (size 4x6 cm) with white background, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses.
- One of the following documents with at least 1-year validation: Foreign passport; Documents valid for international travel; Permanent residence permit issued by a foreign competent authority (enclosed with a copy).
(2) Foreigners being spouses / children of Vietnamese citizens or Vietnamese overseas submit one of the following documents proving the relationship (copy and original or notarized copy):
- Registration of marriage.
- Birth certificate.
- Certificate of parents and child relationship.
- Other valid papers (in Vietnamese law).
- Certificate of Adoption.
(3) Applying process
- Directly submit your visa exemption application at the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok Thailand.
- The process takes about 5 working days from the date the Embassy receives valid documents. When the results are available, the Embassy will notify you to pick up and pay the fee.
- Fee: $10 / item
3 - Issuance of passport applying to the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok Thailand
A dossier includes
- Issuance of a passport application form (filled all required fields).
- 2 photos (size 4x6 cm).
- 1 of the following personal identification documents:
+ Identity card or identity certificate of the police of the ward / commune where you have permanent residence (certification stamp & affixed photo).
+ Declaration of lost passport with Thai police agency (consular officer of the Vietnam embassy in Thailand will guide on the spot).
- Process and issue within 03 working days.
- Issue a new passport: $20 / item
- Reissued due to damage or loss: $40 / item
II - Vietnam embassy in Bangkok’s contact information
1 - The embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok
Address: No.83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok City, Thailand
Hotline: (+66 - 0) 2 251 5838 or (+66 - 0) 2 251 7202
Vietnam embassy Bangkok opening hours: Monday - Friday
- Morning: 8:30am - 11:30am
- Afternoon: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
Closed on public holidays (Vietnam and Thailand):
- New Year's Day: January 1
- Vietnamese Lunar New Year: December 29 - January 5 (Lunar Calendar)
- Makha Bucha Day: Full moon day (3rd lunar month)
- Chakri Memorial Day: April 6
- Songkran Festival: April 13 - 15
- Hung Kings Commemoration Day: March 10 (Lunar Calendar)
- Vietnam's Reunification Day & International Labor Day: April 30 - May 1
- Coronation Day: May 5
- Royal Ploughing Ceremony Day
- Visakha Bucha Day: Full moon day (6th lunar month)
- Thai Queen's Birthday: June 3
- Asanha Bucha Day: Full moon day (8th lunar month)
- Thai King's Birthday: July 28
- Birthday of Thai Queen Mother: August 12
- National Day of Vietnam: September 2
- Memorial Day of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej the Great: October 13
- Memorial Day of Thai King Chulalongkorn: October 23
- National Day of Thailand: December 5
- National Day of Thailand: December 10
- New Year’s Eve: December 31
Closed on the next working day if the above holiday falls on the weekend.
2 - Vietnam Consulate in Thailand
Address: No.65/6 Chatapadung Road, Muang District, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Hotline: (+66 - 043) 242 190
Working hours: Monday to Friday (closed on Vietnamese & Thai public holidays)
- Morning: 8:30am - 12pm
- Afternoon: 2pm - 5:30pm
Up to now, the diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Thailand have gone through more than 45 years and developed well in all fields, which is greatly contributed from the activities of the Vietnam embassy in Bangkok Thailand. This mission provides a wide range of support services from visa application, and visa exemption, to document notarization and passport issuance. Above is the complete information about the Vietnamese embassy and Vietnam consulate in Thailand.