Bat Trang was known as a famous ceramic producing village formed in 14th century. The village is located near by the Red River which is close to Hanoi city. Bat Trang became the center of ceramic making because of the rich deposition of white clay. Whether you’re a browsing amateur art lover or a researching art historian, this tour will give you a comprehensive overview of 700 years of Vietnamese ceramic masterpieces.
07:45 – 08:30 Meet your tour guide at your suggested places around Hanoi Old Quarter.
– Start the trip with Tran Quoc pagoda, a Buddhist relic and national heritage lying on the West Lake.
– Visit Ho Chi Minh complex, the final resting place of Viet Nam’s greatest father; his house-on-stilt and One pillar pagoda – modeled after a lotus flower, a symbol of Hanoi.
– Visit Temple of Literature constructed in 1070 dedicating to Confucius, sages and scholars. It was also the first university of Viet Nam once.
12:30 Relax and have lunch at a local restaurant in Hanoi Old Quarter.
– Explore daily life of traditional ceramics village of Bat Trang. Visit showrooms and see how they model the products.
– Arrive legendary Hoan Kiem lake. Visit Ngoc Son Temple dedicated to Tran Hung Dao – General Commander for his struggle against Mongolians.
15:30 Drop you off.
CYCLO RIDE (OPTIONAL): EXTRA (US$ 5) PER PERSON
A cyclo tour for one hour around the Old Quarter will bring you a wonderful memory in Hanoi.
- Pick-up/drop-off by air-conditioned bus.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Vietnamese lunch.
- All sight-seeing fees.
- Travel insurance, tax.
- Drinks, tips and others not indicated above.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Those wearing shorts/miniskirts are not allowed to enter the mausoleum. All visitors’ shoulder must be covered with clothes.